AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH

Hey there Gang,
OK, I'm new to the gas fireplace thing............So, I am trying to light it, and it's not working. I checked my gas/propane tank , and I have about 75%. I am not hearing gas come in. PLEASE help!!!
Thanks, Roo
On Oct 22, 7:11 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Are all the appropriate valves open? Is your gas regulator (if any) set properly? HTH
Joe

This may be totally irrelevant, but I have a small portable gas grill that's normally used with the little tanks you take camping. I bought a hose to adapt the grill to a big propane tank. The hose had a tag attached which said to open the valve on the propane tank, but leave the grill's control OFF for 5 minutes, or some sort of safety device would block the flow of gas. Naturally, I didn't read the tag the first time, and as expected, the thing wouldn't light and there was much cursing.
Any tags you haven't read, maybe?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Your problem is likely a spider has blocked the burner orfice and prevents the gas from entering the burner. You should contact a fireplace repair company to remove, dismantle, and clean your log lighter. Especially since you are dealing with LP [heavier than air]. LP can lay low in the fireplace and when you least expect it.... boom.
--
Zyp