AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH

Hey there Gang,

OK, I'm new to the gas fireplace thing............So, I am trying to light it, and it's not working. I checked my gas/propane tank , and I have about 75%. I am not hearing gas come in. PLEASE help!!!

Thanks, Roo

Reply to
cs3rooney

Are all the appropriate valves open? Is your gas regulator (if any) set properly? HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe

This may be totally irrelevant, but I have a small portable gas grill that's normally used with the little tanks you take camping. I bought a hose to adapt the grill to a big propane tank. The hose had a tag attached which said to open the valve on the propane tank, but leave the grill's control OFF for 5 minutes, or some sort of safety device would block the flow of gas. Naturally, I didn't read the tag the first time, and as expected, the thing wouldn't light and there was much cursing.

Any tags you haven't read, maybe?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Your problem is likely a spider has blocked the burner orfice and prevents the gas from entering the burner. You should contact a fireplace repair company to remove, dismantle, and clean your log lighter. Especially since you are dealing with LP [heavier than air]. LP can lay low in the fireplace and when you least expect it.... boom.

Reply to
Zyp