AAA: E15 could really fark up your car, void warranties

Page 5 of 7
Conservatives would like all hard working, honest people to succed. Liberals woud like government to succeed in running the lives of everyone.
You should listen to Rush Limbaugh, and Sean Hannity. It would all bcome more clear to you.
The main difference between "conservatives" and "liberals" is: "Conservatives" only want *THEMSELVES* to succeed, and will manipulate the system to ensure that happens. "Liberals" want *NOBODY* to succeed, and will manipulate the system to ensure that happens.
On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 15:23:59 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

Why? We can't think for ourselves? I'm tired of all these talk shows regardless of party. They all think they're smarter than everyone else.
I like the conservative perspective. Nice to have someone helping keep an eye on the power mads who are in office.

Why? We can't think for ourselves? I'm tired of all these talk shows regardless of party. They all think they're smarter than everyone else.

If only they had spoke up when the power mads in office were touting WMDs in Iraq

But tend to buy up their companies and sell the scraps
Liberals woud like government

Romney and crowd listened to them and made the absolute mistake of believing them

Is that why conservatives are so dead set on telling women what they can or can't do with their bodies? They allegedly want small government, but they want to set it up inside a woman's uterus. You've got it all backwards again, Stormin Morlim, it's the conservatives who want to tell people how to run their lives. Too much Rush and Sean have rotted your brain.
<<LDS helped the Islamic Society of Orange County's Al-Rahman Mosque in Garden Grove develop its library with a $15,000 donation. "Their beliefs are similar to ours," Robert Bremmer, a Mormon bishop, said at that facility's open-mosque day in 2005. "They have modest dress, and so do we. They believe in all the [Old Testament] prophets, as do we.">>
http://articles.latimes.com/2008/apr/02/local/me-morlims2/2
-- Bobby G.
On 11-30-2012 15:23, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Rush Limbaugh? For whom the cause is more important than the truth? And the ratings more important than the cause?
--
Wes Groleau

Answer not a fool according to his folly,

LOL. Typical. I'll bet most Fox viewers know that the national debt is $16tril and $6tril of that has been added since Obama came to office. And I'll bet they have some idea that the deficit for the year that just ended was $1.1tril. And that Obama's only plan to do anything about it so far is to raise taxes on those "rich" people making $200K+, which would raise just $80bil. $1.1tril vs $80bil, that's some new math. Now ask a lib about any of the above facts and virtually everyone I've seen is clueless. They would not know that the deficit in 2012 was $1.1tril. The only "fact" they know is that it's George Bush's fault and the solution is to raise taxes, even though the deficit problem is more than an order of magnitude larger....
On 12/1/2012 7:04 AM, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

But Obamahood takes from the rich and gives to the poor. ^_^
TDD

727342053_n.jpg>
--
Best regards
Han

I'll bet you're right. I'll also bet you they can't tell which clause in the Constitution makes the debt, the $6 trillion increase, or the fix for it the president's responsibility. -- Doug

Zing! It's the same clause that makes him responsible for the price of a gallon of gasoline.
I am always *negatively* impressed by the binary thinking concerning restoring tax rates. "If it doesn't completely solve the problem, it's no good!"
It took ten years of deep tax cuts and ever-increasing corporate tax avoidance and ten years of expensive wars to get us into the hole. The sooner we get that tax revenue stream back on line, the sooner the deficit disappears.
We fought two wars for longer than WWII and somehow expected there wouldn't be sacrifices. Unlike WWII, we fought the AfRaq wars on credit, and now we're going to have to pay for our mostly failed attempts at "nation building." We didn't escape the sacrifices that long wars require, we merely postponed them. Time to pay the piper.
-- Bobby G.

begun to address the unfunded liablity of SS, MCare, MCaid. That's another $121.6 trillion. Combine the federal budget deficit with the unfunded liabilities for current entitlement programs (excluding Affordable Care Act because those liabilities are still obscured) and it comes to a mindboggling $1.2 million per taxpayer.
On Sat, 01 Dec 2012 17:36:49 -0600, Douglas Johnson

He has the Constitutional authority to veto the budget. Oh, that's right, there is no budget, thanks to your pal, Harry R.
snipped-for-privacy@at.biz wrote:

He does. But he must sign bills or veto them in whole. He doesn't have line item authority. True, he could veto appropriation bills and shut down the government like Clinton did, but he can only sign or veto what Congress gives him.
And he *must* spend the money as ordered by Congress. No more, no less. So I would be inclined to lay responsibility at Congress's doorstep, not the president's.

There is no formally passed budget, but the president can't spend a dime that is not authorized by Congress. See Article 1, Section9. So there have been an endless series of continuing appropriations that simply keep doing business as usual. Take a look at Article 1, Section 8 to see who has the power to borrow money.
It is hard to lay blame solely on Mr. Reed, unless you believe he has some duty to simply accept the Republican's approach to things. As you pointed out in another post, the Constitution does not work that way.
-- Doug
On Wed, 05 Dec 2012 15:07:33 -0600, Douglas Johnson

Nevertheless, he signed them, he owns the results. Not to mention that he does have significant power in seeing to it that legislation reaches him that is to his liking. Pretending that he's the victim is a stupid leftist's ploy.

Certainly, though Obama isn't above ignoring Congress.

Wrong. The previous budget, with its base-line increases is in effect. He spends every dime of it.

You're such a dreamer.
I believe the 6 tril was caused by wasteful Obama deficit spending.

Caused almost entirely by the Bush recession.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

On what? The wars were not started by Obama and the one in Iraq was clearly unnecessary. TARP, for better or worse (and was probably necessary) was signed by Bush. Auto bailout was Obama but has been or is being repaid. Tax cuts for the wealthy was Bush and the GOP forced Obama to continue them lest they shut the government down. So what part of the 6 tril was a choice made by Obama?
On Tue, 11 Dec 2012 10:29:32 -0600, Steve Kraus

Only his campaign contributors know.

He did start at least one and contributed to the others.

To the simple, perhaps.

Not clear.

No, actually it was Bush.

A flat lie.

So were the tax cuts for everyone who paid taxes, but don't let the facts get in the way of your lies.

Nonsense. Obama *needed* them to get reelected. Now that he's a lame duck, he doesn't care.

*ALL* OF IT.