AAA: E15 could really fark up your car, void warranties

I would think they were crazy to hide it in their mattress. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Of course the main reason we don't use cane or beets is price supports from the Government (which were continued by the farm bill). Sugar sells for about 18 cents a pound while ethanol is at around 10 cents per pound (of feedstock).

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Anywhere I look, corn ethanol is 10-30% energy POSITIVE. You must be readin= g the feedlot operator propaganda.

Feedlot operators (i.e. people that raise animals for meat, and buy all the= ir feed instead of growing it) have been crying for the last few years beca= use the price of grains have been high, and they'll say/do anything to get = the price of grain back down in the toilet where it was.

Yeah, cheap feed makes maximum profits for the feedlot operators, but the g= rain farmers take it on the chin, selling their product for mere pennies ov= er the cost of producing it!=20

Try the food vs. fuel argument next

Reply to
dennisgauge

not really, in their mattresses there is a greater possibility that it will get spent in the US, even if only because the mattress gets changed every week with the linen and they forget which mattress had the money

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

such a shame the conservs were counting on magic

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

they still let you attend?

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

but don't price supports amount to "entitlements"

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

web sites agree with you. I'll try the other argument, next. Oh, BTW, I need to flame you, for showing me wrong. You're a usenet poster! So there!

.

Anywhere I look, corn ethanol is 10-30% energy POSITIVE. You must be reading the feedlot operator propaganda.

Feedlot operators (i.e. people that raise animals for meat, and buy all their feed instead of growing it) have been crying for the last few years because the price of grains have been high, and they'll say/do anything to get the price of grain back down in the toilet where it was.

Yeah, cheap feed makes maximum profits for the feedlot operators, but the grain farmers take it on the chin, selling their product for mere pennies over the cost of producing it!

Try the food vs. fuel argument next

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Yep, actually even more so than SS. I find it interesting that they fully fund things like this while not even close to funding SS. And that is a product of both parties over generations of politicians

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

maybe they'll just fund SS with beets

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Kurt, are you familiar with switchgrass? It is a great source of plant material that can be turned into ethanol and it needs no special care to flourish. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Of course not, I'm a heretic. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

You must be suffering from H.I.S.I., pronounced "hissy". It stands for (H)umor (I)rony (S)arcasm (I)mpairment. People with that particular mental disease are said to have H.I.S.I. fits and often put on a big display of pseudo-intellectualism about the subject at hand when they fail to see the humor or bizarreness of statements made by someone who is attempting to pull their leg. H.I.S.I. seems to affect all people of the P.L.L.C.F. ilk because they always fail to grok simple concepts and the meaning of words. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Interesting that you know the evil rich so well, you must be one of them or a minion of the evil rich P.L.L.C.F. types. O_o

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Perhaps, but, as of today, there is no commercially feasible way to turn switchgrass into ethanol.

Reply to
HeyBub

He has the Constitutional authority to veto the budget. Oh, that's right, there is no budget, thanks to your pal, Harry R.

Reply to
krw

interesting that you know the covens so well, you must be part of one of them or a minion of the evil rich

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

steps back three steps...yup, a perfect description of you

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

so you belong to the Utah branch?

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

aw, that's the one I kept thinking of but forgetting. Thanks

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds