AAA: E15 could really fark up your car, void warranties

Page 3 of 7  
On Sun, 02 Dec 2012 12:27:07 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

You forget Brazillian vehicles are BUILT to use Ethanol as fuel.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

so what you are saying is that American Manufacturers aren't as smart as Brazil?
or are you saying there are no old cars in Brazil?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sun, 02 Dec 2012 16:06:38 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

No, Malcolm. What I am saying is the vehicles there are designed to run on Ethanol because it is their primary motor fuel. Yankees could design vehicles to run on it too - but ethanol is not universally available in Yank-land and the cost to make every vehicle totally multi-fuel capable is significant in a country where 5 dollars makes the difference between buying something decent and buying junk - with the junk almost universally winning.
As for old cars - they need to run on gasoline (more expensive) or be extensively modified for ethanol.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

ANd with the average age of the fleet of cars in the US now just over 11 years, it would take a while for the old cars to work their way out of use.
--
America is at that awkward stage. It's too late
to work within the system, but too early to shoot
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

what a wonderful business opportunity. I'd imagine that the cost of subsidizing the cost of converting cars to run on ethanol as a primary fuel or to make them multi-fuel might be cheaper than the costs of securing oil
--

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras lobortis volutpat
commodo. Morbi lobortis, massa fringilla adipiscing suscipit, velit urna
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Friday, November 30, 2012 3:19:33 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Anywhere I look, corn ethanol is 10-30% energy POSITIVE. You must be reading the feedlot operator propaganda.
Feedlot operators (i.e. people that raise animals for meat, and buy all their feed instead of growing it) have been crying for the last few years because the price of grains have been high, and they'll say/do anything to get the price of grain back down in the toilet where it was.
Yeah, cheap feed makes maximum profits for the feedlot operators, but the grain farmers take it on the chin, selling their product for mere pennies over the cost of producing it!
Try the food vs. fuel argument next
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethanol_fuel_energy_balance http://www.consumerenergyreport.com/2006/04/08/energy-balance-for-ethanol-better-than-for-gasoline / These web sites agree with you. I'll try the other argument, next. Oh, BTW, I need to flame you, for showing me wrong. You're a usenet poster! So there!
Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org .
On Friday, November 30, 2012 3:19:33 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Anywhere I look, corn ethanol is 10-30% energy POSITIVE. You must be reading the feedlot operator propaganda.
Feedlot operators (i.e. people that raise animals for meat, and buy all their feed instead of growing it) have been crying for the last few years because the price of grains have been high, and they'll say/do anything to get the price of grain back down in the toilet where it was.
Yeah, cheap feed makes maximum profits for the feedlot operators, but the grain farmers take it on the chin, selling their product for mere pennies over the cost of producing it!
Try the food vs. fuel argument next
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
As a self proclaimed conservative, I'd like to see all hard working, honest people become wealthy. I'd like the US government to live within it's Constitutional authority, and within its collected budget. I'd like to see both taxes and spending greatly lowered, and the powers delegated to the states.
Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org .
Oh wait, I do know why: It's because you self-proclaimed "conservatives" can't stand to see ANYONE succeed. You're no better than the "liberals" you claim to be the opposite of.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

As a self-proclaimed liberal, I'd like to see all wealthy people be honest and ethical
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 11/30/2012 6:22 PM, Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:

Those Limousine Liberals sure do have a long way to go in that sense. ^_^
TDD
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

just not quite as far as those Lear Jet Conservatives
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 11/30/2012 7:06 PM, Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:

Lear Jet hell, private 757. ^_^
TDD
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

bigger plane but still the same distance
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 11/30/2012 7:54 PM, Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:

Like Air Force One which is kept airborne by the power of the Messiah. ^_^
TDD
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Whereas those private 757 are kept aloft by the power of Lucifer
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 11/30/2012 10:33 PM, Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:

Yea, I'm a Devil worshiper. ^_^
TDD
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

is that supposed to be news to us?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 12/2/2012 2:28 PM, Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:

You knew, which coven are you a member of? ^_^
TDD
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

we all knew
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 12/2/2012 6:05 PM, Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:

Oh, that's right, you're a member of the P.L.L.C.F. coven! ^_^
TDD
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Site Timeline

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.