AAA: E15 could really fark up your car, void warranties

Page 1 of 7  
"The AAA says the Environmental Protection Agency and gasoline retailers should halt the sale of E15, a new ethanol blend that could damage millions of vehicles and void car warranties. AAA, which issued its warning today, says just 12 million of more than 240 million cars, trucks and SUVs now in use have manufacturers' approval for E15. "
http://www.freep.com/article/20121130/BUSINESS01/121130007/gasoline-ethanol-car-truck-damage-AAA?odyssey=tab |topnews|text|FRONTPAGE
begin 666 icon1.png MB5!.1PT*&@H````-24A$4@````H````*" 8```'Z-?\K````MDE$0508E6W/
M.^Q"YZFNQZ[V:"+X:(<7K42IL1^'=C _T_/_?>F>"/>;GM[DV,)(.1!3RI6B M;YDGP9&1I@<LY):B1J80G$Q (:0WX$GMM5>G.8,(9D,?]/3>&O\`U1 T"YQ_ .[,0`````245.1*Y"8((` ` end
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Friday, November 30, 2012 1:33:10 PM UTC-5, HeyBub wrote:

Either there will be a massive failure of vehicles and a large class-action lawsuit, or nothing will become of this "the sky is falling" BS.
It's gonna suck because your MPG will go down another 5%, and gas prices are not going to go down because of it.
Ethanol is a big middle-finger to the Arab oil sheiks, and puts the money in the pockets of good hard-working patriotic American farmers, so I don't know why people get so hot over it...
Oh wait, I do know why: It's because you self-proclaimed "conservatives" can't stand to see ANYONE succeed. You're no better than the "liberals" you claim to be the opposite of.
The main difference between "conservatives" and "liberals" is: "Conservatives" only want *THEMSELVES* to succeed, and will manipulate the system to ensure that happens. "Liberals" want *NOBODY* to succeed, and will manipulate the system to ensure that happens.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Ethanol requires fossil fuels to plant, harvest, transport, distil. Last time I looked, it's energy negative. Takes more energy to produce, than what you get back.
Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org .
Ethanol is a big middle-finger to the Arab oil sheiks, and puts the money in the pockets of good hard-working patriotic American farmers, so I don't know why people get so hot over it...
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

nit: that basically only applies to corn based ethanol. Brazil for some eerie reason is able to grow sugar cane and produce ethanol that is energy positive

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Won't work in the U.S., though, because the climate here won't support production of sugar cane on the scale required.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Doug Miller wrote:

And the US does not permit the importation of Brazilian ethanol.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

which has nothing to do with the fact that it is energy positive
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 17:08:44 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

Canada.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

sure it does, it shows that there are reasonable alternatives to corn for ethanol that are energy positive
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 20:32:55 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

USA spent 1/4 of what they are spending on wars in the middle east on research to convert cellulose to ethanol, there are HUNDREDS of reasonable feedstocks - most of which would be energy positive, which would have little or no effect on food-grain prices. (or sugar prices, as far as that goes)
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Since you arrogant Canadians aren't funding any wars, and your economy is so much more robust than ours, and you're all far more intelligent than we are anyway, why don't y'all do it?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

financially and in lives) and we are only 1/10 the size.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 12/1/2012 3:24 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

My Canadian cousins get screwed over by their government too in many of the same ways so I have no quarrel with my Northern neighbors since what happen here and there affects everyone in The Americas. ^_^
TDD
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 12/1/2012 12:31 PM, Smitty Two wrote:

Do the Canadians have "Affirmative Action" to gum up the works? I know the British have a version of it know as "Positive Discrimination" which I think is a more correct descriptive name for it because such policies positively discriminate against the competent. O_o
TDD
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sat, 01 Dec 2012 18:41:31 -0600, The Daring Dufas

to bother applying for a job in the civil service - he is definitely in the minority.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

How does "Affirmative Action" gum up the ethanol problem...other than favoring one group of rich republican businessmen over another?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 12/2/2012 2:34 PM, Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:

ZOOMmmm Right over your pointy little head. ^_^
TDD
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

oh I was ignoring your traditional anti-white racism to see if you could actually answer the question
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

You know what they say about those that assume?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

It has got relatively little to do with wars and much more to do with Congresscritters not wanting to cross the grain farmers and those ethanol plants already in place.
--
America is at that awkward stage. It's too late
to work within the system, but too early to shoot
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Site Timeline

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.