AAA auto club

My daughter had a 2002 Gallant with aluminum wheels. We had all sorts of problems with them retaining air. My indy tried to clean them a few times and they would last for a while but then they'd starting losing air again. Those wheels were one of the reasons we decided not to let her take the car to college.

Now she's driving Mom's 2005 Taurus Wagon. I kid her that she's the coolest kid on campus. ;-) In reality, she really likes the car. It has a rear facing seat in the back so she can take extra friends when they go out, plus she loves the cargo space for when she goes camping, skiing, etc.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I had a pickup truck with those miserable alum wheels. SAME PROBLEM. Constant flat tires. A mechanic at a tire repair place finally told me the same thing. They are not reliable, which means to me they are not practical. I had planned to replace those rims with steel, but the truck was old, and the transmission began slipping, so I junked the truck. END OF PROBLEM!

Reply to
Paintedcow