A woodchuck under the trailer

I've got two access holes (about 6 or 7 inch diameter) leading under my trailer. Finally saw a woodchuck, or groundhog, crawling under the trailer.
I'm not all that pleased with the idea. How to take care of the critter? Living in a mobile park, firearms, handguns, grendades, dynamite, and anthrax spores are discourged. Though, high power lasers may be acceptable if used during the daytime.
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.
Get a couple of pieces of wood to block the holes and watch the yard for your little herbivore to be grazing. Quietly sneak around and block the holes, holding the wood in place with a large stone or diagonally placed stick. They are fast critters in spite of their bulk and quickly spooked so be stealthy.

trailer.
And when the hole is blocked, what happens then?
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

I had the same problem. I am not sure if it was a woodchuck or what it was, but something dug about 6 holes under my steel skirting. I'd fill the holes with dirt and a few days they would be open again. I finally went and bought a few bags of ready-crete, and filled the holes. It took 2 weeks to find another hole, so I just filled that one too with cement. It's now been 5 weeks and no more holes. (I also tossed some rat poison under the trailer). This also stopped the mice I kept getting in the house.
If I have to, I will fill every hole till there is cement all the way around the house. !!!
Candidate for redneck yard of the week?

I was thinking gravel, but that is probably too easy for the critters to move back out. Hmm. Concrete -- pour it into the hole, in powder form, and follow it up with a pitcher of warm water? I like the idea. Very good, sir.
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 17:01:19 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"

That should work. I mixed mine in a pail, but I had quite a few holes to fix. Try to be sure the critter is out from under there first. With the number of holes I had, I filled all of them but one. I left one of the larger ones and jammed wood against it with a small stick to hold it in place. If the critter was on the inside it could push the wood away, but from the outside the wood (being against the skirting) would take more work to remove. I waited a day and the wood was still in place so I cemented that hole. Because that hole was large, and to keep all the cement from going under the house, I jammed a piece of scrap tin into the dirt along the skirting.
By the way, for whatever this matters, the large hole was under my porch.
My son got one to move out when he threw a smoke bomb into the hole. Don't know where he got it but it was an over-the-counter (legal) purchase-- MLD

trailer.
We can get smoke bombs here, too. I've also got a volunteer fireman next door. I'd be thinking more like a flex hose from the auto exhaust. Either get em out, or maybe they will have a major carbon monoxide headache?
Farm and garden places some times have smoke bombs. I'm thinking concrete and a pitcher of water will attract less attention.
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

I think I've got part of a bag left over from some wh ere. Might try that before the cement, and after the smoke bomb.
Excellent idea, thank you.
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Keep it and train it to chuck wood. They're commonly known for that. Just how much they can chuck is anybody's guess.