A True Thanksgiving story at HOME

Since it's at HOME, it's appropriate to this alt.HOME.repair This story is not suitable for kids under the age of 40 because it contains violence and even worse, that dreaded "F" word.

Let the true story begin............>>>>>

Hi, my name is Greg and I'm an alcoholic.

Last year on Thanksgiving I had a horrible event. Or, was that two years ago, I can not remember now... Anyhow, I was kicked out of Thanksgiving dinner and by my family who proved that they are nothing but a bunch of f****ng violent drunks. Come to think of it, this was two years ago, because I remember now that last Thanksgiving they would not let me in their house and when I tossed my cousin Jim against the wall, began choking him, dad walked in, and he had just came home from deer hunting. He pointed his rifle in my face and cocked the gun. Thats when I left and spent Thanksgiving alone, drinking pot after pot of coffee, and wanting to beat the f*ck out of someone.

So, I am posting this again to remind those of you who are recovering, to stay away from your family on Thanksgiving, if they drink. I am reminding myself and telling you that you are better off spending the holiday alone than being with drinkers. I will not go to my family this year, unless I am really pissed off about something and want a fight.

This is what happened on Thanksgiving 2003, when I was Kicked Out of Thanksgiving Dinner. This is the whole story from that terrible Thanksgiving day.

Thanksgiving 2003 ---->

I am a recovering alcoholic, and yesterday I was unfairly Kicked Out of Thanksgiving Dinner

I was invited by some of my relatives yesterday for Thanksgiving. During dinner they kept sipping their wine and I sipped some coffee instead. After they finished the first bottle of wine, they opened another. That's when I started telling them how they were turning into alcoholics. Everytime they poured another glass of the poison, I would say "Hi, my name is Greg and I am an alcoholic. Would any of you like to admit you are an alcoholic and address the table with your reason for drinking"? None of them would admit to their addiction, and I became upset. I told them that they would soon be in recovery or their drinking would destroy their lives. Everytime they poured another glass, I repeated this message to them. When they brought out the third bottle, and sat it on my side of the table, I became furious. I said "hi, my name is Greg, I am an alcoholic, and I am not going to tolerate your abusive alcoholic behavior any longer." That's when I grabbed that bottle and smashed it on the floor. I thought I was doing a good job of helping them maintain whatever was left of their sobriety. But NO, my brother hauled off and hit me in the stomach with his fist. I quickly told him to admit he is an alcoholic, or he would regret what he just did. He refused and told me to "f*ck off". Thats when I got off my chair, lifted the chair and busted it across his head. Somehow the table collapsed at the same time and all the turkey and food went on to the floor. My brother was bleeding badly, when I told him that since this is Thanksgiving, he would someday thank me for stopping his drinking on this day. But instead of accepting my assistance, he smashed his fist in my face. I proceeded to beat the living shit out of him on floor on top of all the food. Thats when my sisterinlaw (his wife) came up to me and tossed a glass of wine in my face. That did it. I threw her into the wall, and busted both her glasses and the wall. Instead of listening to my advice, dad, who is 87 years old, walks over to the liquor cabinet, grabs a bottle of whiskey, and takes a swallow. Then he walks over to me, throws me against the wall, and shoves the bottle in my mouth, breaking my tooth. He pours half the bottle down my throat and tells me it's time I learn to drink like a man. Then everyone there grabbed me, threw me to the floor, on top of the smashed turkey. Then dad poured the rest of that bottle down my throat. I could not fight all 15 or 20 people, and I swallowed at least half of that bottle. I got up and said "Hi, my name is Greg and I am an alcoholic".Uncle Roy steps over to me, grabs me around the throat and tells me if I say that one more time, I will regret it. I started to say "hi my name is......". Thats when they all grabbed me, drug me out to my car and told me to leave and not come back. I dont know how I got home because I was too drunk and injured to remember what I was doing. Somehow I got home, and I have been sitting here ever since wondering what I did that was so wrong to deserve that treatment. Worse yet, I think I relapsed, even though I did not drink the alcohol by choice, and almost drowned from it.

It's 3am and I just called them later a little while ago to apologise. They told me they were sleeping, and not to call again. I told them I called to ralk, and must talk now. They also told me both my brother and his wife were taken to the hospital in an ambulance, and both had broken bones from my beating on them. I wanted to say I was sorry and explain that I was only trying to save them from their alcoholism. Instead I started to say "hi my name is......" when they hung up one me. This upset me even more. Now I am not sure what to do. Should I go back to detox or what? Should I call the police and tell them that my relatives are drunk? I just dont know what to do.

Happy Fucking Thanksgiving

elk_a_hall_ick@alcoholics_anonymous.com

and a ...... Happy Fucking Thanksgiving to all of you !!! .............and to all, a good turkey......

Reply to
elk_a_hall_ick

bill

I posting at the top of your post most people won't read the whole thing. The story was long it had did have allot of violence but were was the SEX. I think drinking and sex would be better story than drinking and fighting. You could thrown your sister-in-law into the wall and still used the F word and I'm sure there was whipped cream for the Pie

Reply to
Sacramento Dave

Mom got drunk and Dad got drunk At our Christmas party We were drinkin' champagne punch And homemade eggnog Little sister brought her new boyfriend He was a Mexican We didn't know what to think of him Til he sang Feliz Navidad Feliz Navidad

Brother Ken brought his kids with him The three from his first wife Lynn And the two identical twins From his second wife Mary Nell Of course he brought his new wife Kaye Who talks all about AA Chain smokin' while the stereo plays Noel, Noel, The first Noel

Carve the turkey turn the ball game on Mix Margaritas when the eggnog's gone Send somebody to the Quik-Pak store We need some ice and an extension cord A can of bean dip and some Diet Rite A box of tampons and some Marlboro Lights Hallelujah everybody say cheese Merry Christmas from the family

Fran and Rita drove from Harlingen I can't remember how I'm kin to them But when they tried to plug their motor home in They blew our christmas lights Cousin David knew just what went wrong So we all waited on our front lawn He threw the breaker and the lights came on And we sang Silent Night Oh Silent Night o' holy night

Carve the turkey turn the ballgame on Mix Bloody Marys cause we all want one Send somebody to the Stop 'n Go We need some celery and a can of fake snow A bag of lemons and some Diet Sprite A box of midol, some Salem Lights Hallelujah everybody say cheese Merry Christmas from the family

Reply to
Red Neckerson

Drink up!

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

There's your first problem. If you truly followed the program you'd already know how pointless it is to try forcing the idea on anyone. If they don't see their own problem they'll generally resist being told by someone else. It's usually not until someone reaches their very lowest that they reach out for help. So by being a sanctimonious ass you CAUSED the trouble. Plenty of folks drink, even to occasional excess, without being alcholics. That and if you're in the program it's undoubtedly because of the wreck drinking made of your life (done the 8th step yet?). If these are family members they already KNOW what trouble your drinking problem has caused. It'd certainly come off as pompous, at best, to hear you preaching to others about their drinking habits.

Live and learn, and go to a few meetings to hear why what you did was a bad idea.

Reply to
wkearney99