A tile transition ramp?

My concrete walkway is rather discolored and ugly, although structurally ok. This ugly area covers about 15 feet out of a total length of 100 feet. The discoloration looks like it goes back to when the walk was originally poured, 25 years ago.
Rather than try to rejuvenate the concrete, I would like to cover it with nice, porcelain floor tiles. Including the thinset, this will raise the tiled area of the walkway by about 1/2 inch.
How can I make a smooth transition from the tile to the concrete so that people do not stumble over the edge? Is there such a thing as an epoxy thinset that would make a 4" ramp? (1/2"high x 4" wide)?
Thanks
--
Walter
www.rationality.net

Just a crazy idea: how about cutting a recess in the concrete just in front of where the tile ends? That way, you could put in a piece of inlay (tile? concrete?) with an angled top surface that would make a small ramp connecting the top of the tile to the top of the existing walkway.
This could be done pretty easily with a concrete saw and hand chiseling.
conversation with the average voter.
Walter R. wrote:

Slippy, slippy, slippy.
A rough-textured tile, or slate, should take care of the slipperiness.
--
Walter
www.rationality.net