A Test for young people

Page 3 of 9

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I would never shoot a dog, other than in self defense. They are just dogs, it isn't their fault, even if they are one of those helpless annoying yapping breeds. (Hmm, sounds like some posters on this group?)
If you live out in the boonies, a roving dog is one of the few legal effective defenses you can have for property when nobody is home. (Short of armoring the place with pull-down steel curtains and such.) Noise is irrelevant without neighbors to hear it, and police response times can be half an hour or more, even if your alarm system calls them. (Something a cell phone jammer and cutting the wires at the pole can prevent.) So smashing a window to get in becomes a non-event.
-- aem sends....
aemeijers wrote:

I remember a story about a guy who had a pet black panther. A burglar was down on his knees going through the owner's dresser when the cat laid its head on his shoulder and purred. The owner found an unconscious burglar with his big black panther licking his face.
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Should I bother to say, 'Cite, please?' Smells like urban legend to me. Most places, exotic animals are illegal without special permit. And the care and upkeep (and insurance) is so expensive that getting robbed every couple of years would be cheaper by far.
-- aem sends...

Well, I DO know of a case where a couple owned a large Rotteweiler. They had a demand feeding setup for the dog, and a proximity actuated security doggy door so the dog could feed himself and let himself in and out when they were gone. They went away for a week's vacation, leaving the dog to watch the house. A theif decided to break in one of the first nights they were gone. The dog cornered him in the laundry room where he could keep a watch on him and still eat, and could hang his rear end out the doggy door to do his business. Didn't touch the guy, but every time the guy moved, he went for him. When the homeowners came home at the end of the week the guy was almost dead in the corner.
aemeijers wrote:

"I remember a story." I remember wetting my pants too when I was 7. Do you need a cite for that? Perhaps Sister Apocalypse my second grade teacher would write you a letter, she's probably 100 years old by now.
TDD
Any plan has a counter action. If you want to get really absurd, we can have some real fun on this list.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
aemeijers wrote:

Doesn't matter anyway. Locks are for honest people, to help keep them honest.
On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 12:39:00 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

My two hiding places are very secure and not some silly fake rock. You'd never even see me retrieve it even if I was in plain sight of you. I'd never rely on a commercial product to hide anything.
One of my favorite lock outs. I got a call from a guy locked out of his car. He'd had a spare made, and tried it to be sure it worked. When he locked his keys in, he found out that his spare key (square) didn't fit the doors, which need the round key. GM product, you know.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Just read a great story of a lock-in the other day (Time magazine online): "If only every rescue were this easy. A Florida woman called 911 saying she was stuck inside her car with the windows up in a Walgreen's parking lot. Her engine wouldn't start, and it was getting hot. The 911 operator's advice? Unlock the door, and pull the handle. Presto."
The operator could have asked which walgreens. Had them send the manager out with a big hammer, and break all her windows.
You ever have the powerful impression that some people are so stupid they should not breed?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote the following:

I would assume since this happened in Florida (where old people go to die) and the circumstances, the woman was well beyond her breeding years.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

I have that flashback in Utah a lot. No lifeguard at the gene pool.
Steve
My 2001 Dodge company van has a single key for everything. A longtime ago, somehow a key broke off in the passengers door. I tried to get it out but was not able to.It so happens it is in the lock enough to operare it and short enough that it is not visible. All I have to do is stick a dime in the little slot and open the door. I have combination locks on my ladder rack. Larry
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Big Red, the Dodge van, one key fits everything. Pipsqueak the Astrovan has the traditional two Chevy keys. Little Whitey the Ford Aerostar panel van is a one key vehicle. I like one key for a service vehicle and of course I have to lock the ladder rack. At one time I had a warehouse where the key for the front door fit a padlock on the back door, I liked it.
TDD
On Jan 31, 4:14pm, "Stormin Mormon"

Actually hex-like and round and were made by Briggs & Stratton.
On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 05:37:48 -0800 (PST), Bob Villa

???
On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 10:17:49 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

Plays vinyl audio albums.

Called a rotary dial phone otherwise.

British pop group of the 60's, 70's and 80's. I have their Anthology CD set.

Plays an endless loop tape with 4 stereo tracks. Antiquated with the introduction of the compact cassette and subsequently the CD.

Ranking most deaths on top with 1 million or greater deaths:
a. WW2 b. WW1 c. Korean d. Chinese Civil War e. Vietnam

Depends on what you are inflating

$1.00 / gal

In what context?

What things?

Used the USPS.
Answers provided by 17 year old Jeff The Drunk Jr.
On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 10:54:29 -0500, Jeff The Drunk wrote:

Wrong!

Nice try.
The saying goes, "If you can remember the sixties, you weren't there."
Steve, graduated HS in '66. Everything foggy since then.