A stinky drain

Or he may have to find the drain stopper which is behind the sink, and put it in the unused side of sink.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Didn't he say he lived in a trailer?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

No cellar in a trailer, but I do have a side of the kitchen sink that doesn't get often used. However, the smell is in the living room, not the kitchen. I suspect a leaky drain pipe under the trailer.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If you remove the rod and parts of it fall off in the tank, it's like not removing the rod. Newer heaters tend to use rods of a different material that don't allow the creation of the odor. Most use aluminum.

Gary Slusser Quality Water Associates

Reply to
Gary Slusser

One poster suggested some Clorox bleach in the drain. I did, a half galon or so of year old bleach. A couple days later, another pour of bleach down the drain. This morning, ran the sink. And no smell. Half hour or so later, ran the sprayer and still no smell.

Whatever that Clorox did, it was the answer.

Thank you to all.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Thanks, Frank.