a simple pvc question

How would a "cold water use only" notice guard against use in a washing machine?
Or it could have said "not for hot water". We only use cold water in our machine, but a lot of people do use hot water in the laundry. I did not even look at cpvc for my application as I have a box of pvc odds and ends and just needed the hose connectors.

Temperature is *NOT* the point. The device isn't reliable enough to be used in a (semi) permanent installation.