A simple garage floor cover

My garage floor is somewhat unsightly because the concrete is discolored, although not dirty or oily.
Sometimes I get a slight efflorescence on the surface of the concrete, mostly after heavy rains. Therefore I am reluctant to put an epoxy paint on the floor.
Would a concrete stain be affected by efflorescence? Any other way of coping with the efflorescence problem?
How about sheet linoleum or vinyl? Will my hot tires melt vinyl?
Thanks
--
Walter
www.rationality.net

I wouldn't try it.

Rather expensive, but looks very interesting: http://www.racedeck.com /
--
Keith

Thanks for the racedeck URL. Sounds interesting, if I can afford it. No prices shown. Maybe somebody else makes them for poor people. I'll try google.
--
Walter
www.rationality.net
alt.home.repair, snipped-for-privacy@example.com says...

I looked into it a while back. IIRC it was about $900 for an average 2-car garage. $2/sf or there abouts.
--
Keith

I agree with krw here. Until you fix the you get all the problems fixed, don't try to put any kind of sealer or paint down. They all require a good surface or they will fail making the fix even harder. His suggestion should work. I like the idea and if my epoxy every fails I will consider it.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
Walter R. wrote:

It wouldn't cost much to find out.
Get some stick-on tile, a bit of sheet vinyl, a couple of rows of glue-down tile and install them according to best practices. See what happens after a couple of months.
You might be surprised.
this newsgroup with:

Costco sells a simliar snap together garage floor tile kit for $79. Supposed to cover the average single car garage.
Leave it alone. It's a garage floor, not a living space. Bare concrete is good, ugly or not.
Walter R. wrote:

Try this: http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item 5738&pCatgc44

i would be more concerned moisture is at work covering the floor with anything will trap moisture and make it worse.......