A Seasonal Plague--Help!

For some reason, each summer this house we moved into about seven years ago, goes through a infestation of flies which inexplicably seem to love to circle around in our kitchen for the most part. We spray, kill them off, then the next day there's more of them circling around in the kitchen and now we also have moths everywhere.

Does anybody know why the flies seem to focus on the kitchen (which is spotless) and just circle around in there or know what to do about killing off the moths?

Ron

Reply to
Ron

Take a really close look at any cereals, rice and other grains that are not in containers which are absolutely well sealed.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Bird seed can be kept in freezer to kill bugs if that is the cause. Don't store pasta, but pasta gets wormy little critters.

Reply to
Norminn

On 11 Aug 2006 12:55:26 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ron" quickly quoth:

Google for "cluster flies". My neighbor just had those for the first time last Winter.

The last time Mom had beaucoup moths, it was from an old box of grain which a mouse had opened. It took about two months after we found and removed that for the last of the moths to stop flying around. I'm glad it wasn't my house.

Reply to
Larry Jaques