A Seasonal Plague--Help!

For some reason, each summer this house we moved into about seven years ago, goes through a infestation of flies which inexplicably seem to love to circle around in our kitchen for the most part. We spray, kill them off, then the next day there's more of them circling around in the kitchen and now we also have moths everywhere.
Does anybody know why the flies seem to focus on the kitchen (which is spotless) and just circle around in there or know what to do about killing off the moths?
Ron

Take a really close look at any cereals, rice and other grains that are not in containers which are absolutely well sealed.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Don't store pasta, but pasta gets wormy little critters.
On 11 Aug 2006 12:55:26 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ron"

Google for "cluster flies". My neighbor just had those for the first time last Winter.

The last time Mom had beaucoup moths, it was from an old box of grain which a mouse had opened. It took about two months after we found and removed that for the last of the moths to stop flying around. I'm glad it wasn't my house. <g>
--
Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight
very clean. It\'s perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands.