A retractable extension cord reel that works?

Im on my second extension cord reel of the this style:
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?cat=Electrical+Shop&pid483929000&vertical=TOOL&subcat=Electric+Cords+and+Power+Strips&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes
Have a Home Depot version and this craftsman version. But both have been marginally effective. In both cases a) they seem to stall on auto rewind half way and require repeated tugging and repulling out to get going again and b) they never quite pull the entire cord back in without getting hung up (always leave a couple feet).
Is there such thing as one that really wors? ;^)
snipped-for-privacy@uc.edu wrote:

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?cat=Electrical+Shop&pid483929000&vertical=TOOL&subcat=Electric+Cords+and+Power+Strips&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes
Yes there is but they are a lot more than the two you bought. http://tinyurl.com/mauwv
You might try taking one of them apart and lubing everything up and/or tightening the spring one revolution. Wear glasses and gloves if you attempt this, the spring is much more wiley than a that of a lawn mower.
snipped-for-privacy@uc.edu wrote:

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?cat=Electrical+Shop&pid483929000&vertical=TOOL&subcat=Electric+Cords+and+Power+Strips&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes
worked well for me:
http://www.mcfeelys.com/product.asp?productID=WWD-0001
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?cat=Electrical+Shop&pid483929000&vertical=TOOL&subcat=Electric+Cords+and+Power+Strips&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?cat=Electrical+Shop&pid483929000&vertical=TOOL&subcat=Electric+Cords+and+Power+Strips&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes
I purchased two from Rockler when they were on sale for half price. They have worked fine for over a year, plus they have 12 gauge wire. http://www.rockler.com and enter "reel" in the search box.
Frank
posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?cat=Electrical+Shop&pid483929000&vertical=TOOL&subcat=Electric+Cords+and+Power+Strips&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes
--
Tekkie