A retractable extension cord reel that works?

Im on my second extension cord reel of the this style:

Have a Home Depot version and this craftsman version. But both have been marginally effective. In both cases a) they seem to stall on auto rewind half way and require repeated tugging and repulling out to get going again and b) they never quite pull the entire cord back in without getting hung up (always leave a couple feet).

Is there such thing as one that really wors? ;^)

Reply to
todd.roat

Yes there is but they are a lot more than the two you bought.

You might try taking one of them apart and lubing everything up and/or tightening the spring one revolution. Wear glasses and gloves if you attempt this, the spring is much more wiley than a that of a lawn mower.

Reply to
RayV

Not a "reel" as such but it serves the same purpose and has always worked well for me:

John McGaw

You might try spraying the cord with a light silicone lubricant. Unwind the entire length, spray, then WIPE! I wouldn't use WD-40 or any petroleum based lubricant.

Craven Morehead

I purchased two from Rockler when they were on sale for half price. They have worked fine for over a year, plus they have

12 gauge wire.
and enter "reel" in the search box.

Frank

Reply to
Frank K.

posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

It's Sears = return it, you are not satisfied.

Reply to
Tekkie®