a resonating noise like low bass at home

Don't make me have to crack the whip again, unless you like it. :)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I have a 1963 home and have lived here for 5 years. Two days ago I started hearing that low base sound in my living room. No other room. It seems louder on one side near the fireplace but it is not coming from there. I tried timing the space in-between and the longest is 20 seconds and lower being every second. It is driving me crazy. I'm going to try the breaker box in the morning like someone suggested. Any ideas are welcome....

Reply to
Heather

There is a well documented low frequency hum that people have heard in many parts of the US and other places around the world. It's described as kind of like a big diesel engine idling at a long distance. I heard it here in NJ maybe 20 years ago and it continued for a few years. Most often it's heard late at night, but that may be partly because it's quieter then. It also may be easier to hear standing near a wall as opposed to the middle of the room. Like you, I assumed it must be something in the house and started searching, but eventually I realized I could also hear it sometimes outside and there was no inside source. After a few years, it went away here. No one knows what the source is or if it's even actual audio as opposed to somehow some other effect, eg EMF radiation is stimulating the inner ear or brain and it's perceived as sound.

trader_4

Definitely try the breaker box technique and start with the circuit that the refrigerator is on.

Over the past few months, our fridge has started to make a humming noise that I only hear in the basement and only sometimes. Something is probably vibrating and the sound is being "amplified" by the floor. Not enough to be annoying or worry about...we're planning on redoing the kitchen next year anyway.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

Its the human sacrifice that was built into the wall there when the place was built by hippys.

Its ghost is haunting you.

The only thing that works is to torch the place.

Reply to
Jamesy