A really dumb move

Please bear with me - I do plumbing once every 10 years or as emergency dictates only.
I just built a new laundry room and did the new plumbing etc, for the girlfriend at her new place and this morning I did the copper piping for the laundry tub faucets and the shutoffs and attachments for hot and cold for the washing machine.
I realized after the fact that I forgot to put on those chrome circular ring things that go around the water pipe to improve the appearance where it goes through the drywall.
I went to the local hardware store thinking that I could find something in plastic circle with a cutout that you simply twist and slide a slit over the pipe - but no - that appears too easy!
I looked on the web, but don't know what they are called and found nothing.
So - what are those rings called and has anyone seen something you can put on after the fact? I'm sure not about to undo copper pipe soldered fittings to put them on....
Grrrr - dumb novice......
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

They're an escutcheon and they make metal versions w/ a hinged side for that purpose, specifically.
Haven't looked at the Ace recently and don't have any of the big box stores, but surprised a decent hardware store wouldn't have them. Certainly a plumbing supply will...

Not sure, but I think the word you're looking for is "escutcheon" - and yes, I had to look up how to spell it :)

Since no one else said it, I will... Don't beat yourself up over it, we all do things like that. (I am nearly healed from putting my finger into a bandsaw last year.) Skill is more about recovering from mistakes than doing perfect work.

I've always called them chrome assholes. My Ace dealer knows what I mean when I request one.
Ivan Vegvary

The only problem with that is that I am from Ottawa (the nation's capital).
If I asked for that, I may end up with a spit-polished politician on my doorstep .......

I don't think so. As soon as one is discovered, the U.S. congress recruits them. We have a large collection.

LMAO! Will remember that one for sure.

They are called escutcheon plates. They make a two-piece for just the need you have.