A rat problem

Always though, plug the entrances once you are sure that the immediate problem has been resolved.

Some think that the 10 days of an odor followed with the chance of a week of flies is more than a minor inconvenience...others may think that of breaking a thumb or finger while messing with a rat trap...even more may think paying a carpenter to come in to patch the ceiling where they put a foot through it while placing out the traps becomes more than a minor inconvenience. And then there is no assurance that the rodent won't kill itself by biting into electrical wiring killing itself anyway or actually starting a fire during the time that setting and checking traps may take.

Lar

Reply to
Lar

Okay. You want rabbits and pheasants in your house, don't get a cat.

Reply to
HeyBub

I don't have a problem with "house cats" it is those cats that people leave outside that are the ecological nightmare. BTW how is the indoor cat going to get up in the attic to catch the rat?

Reply to
gfretwell

The rat we had was more like a 6 month smell that just would not go away. I used a live trap and glue pads to trap them out. It really wasn't that hard. I never got one with a snap trap. They always managed to trip it without getting caught, then they ate the bait. Glue traps on the trails and a baited live trap seemed to be most effective.

Reply to
gfretwell

A cat that enjoys hunting. Using more than one method is a good idea too.

Reply to
Phisherman

What I like is the perfectly shaped mouse hole. AIUI, carpentry is high-status occupation in the mouse world. And as real craftsmice, they do all this without power tools.

Reply to
mm

It's really hard to trap them after they are dead. But I guess it is worth trying.

Reply to
mm