A question on window

I have a rather large (about 11 feet long by 3 or so foot high) half moon window above the picture window in my family room. The seals have let go and there is condensation in between the panes. I have already spent the budget for house repairs this year and I would like to wait until next year. I live in the Mid West. Any particular reason I can't wait?

-- Talking to politicians about the economy is like talking with eight- year- olds about sex. They have heard all the words, but they haven't a clue. --Michael Aronstein

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Michael wrote:>I have a rather large (about 11 feet long by 3 or so foot

No. Tom Work at your leisure!

Reply to
Tom

How old is it. Some windows have long guarantees. Do you know the brand?

Reply to
Art

"Kurt Ullman" wrote

Because you are impatient????

Reply to
Red Neckerson

There is a new service where I live (Vancouver, BC) that removes the fog and reseals the window. Much cheaper than replacing the window. It is new and don't know of anyone who has used the service. The company is called DeFOGit and their phone is 1-888-DEFOGIT. Don't know if the number will work from were you live, but it is worth a try. It may be a franchise and if so, there may be a franchise in your area too. Good luck! Des

Reply to
Des Perado

It is original equipment with the house.. 15 years. That is probably about 157 in window seal years (g).

-- Talking to politicians about the economy is like talking with eight- year- olds about sex. They have heard all the words, but they haven't a clue. --Michael Aronstein

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Hi Kurt!

KU> I have a rather large (about 11 feet long by 3 or so foot KU> high) half moon window above the picture window in my family room. KU> The seals have let go and there is condensation in between the KU> panes. I have already spent the budget for house repairs this year KU> and I would like to wait until next year. I live in the Mid West. KU> Any particular reason I can't wait?

Don't think there's a problem other than the possibility of the condensation dripping down the wall; shouldn't be enough to make anything soggy or anything like that. I think you're talking more of condensation between the two glass panes.

  • Did you walk the dog? Yeah -- he buried me a few times!
Reply to
barry martin

Thanks. I was just worried about the possibility of damage from the condensation freezing and thawing over the winter.

BTW: I did not know RIME was still up and functioning. THAT brings back memories...

-- Talking to politicians about the economy is like talking with eight- year- olds about sex. They have heard all the words, but they haven't a clue. --Michael Aronstein

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Hi Kurt!

KU> Thanks. I was just worried about the possibility of damage from KU> the condensation freezing and thawing over the winter.

If the condensate freezes between the window panes I think the worst it would do is crack one of the panes It's already damaged so nothing lost. There won't be enough to be concerned with if any gets between the walls. It's not like there's a gaping hole.

KU> BTW: I did not know RIME was still up and functioning. THAT KU> brings back memories...

Yup: I transfer via CamCat (Cam DeBuck's site); Don Barba is still running Moondog.

  • On a radiator repair garage: "Best place to take a leak."
Reply to
barry martin