A question for plumbers

Page 3 of 3

What a narrow minded statement. I am almost 80, and have a hard time getting around, let alone kneeling and bending.
But thanks for such wonderful advice.
Bob-tx
Add pictures here
✖
On 7/29/2011 4:19 AM, Bob-tx wrote:

I had a sweet old gal for a customer some years ago who was 70, she lived with her mother who was 100 years old. ^_^
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 29, 2:19 am, "Bob-tx" <No Spam no contact> wrote:

Bob-tx
Amazing how narrow minded & insensitve 'A. Baum' is. Perhaps his real initials are AH?
He'll sing a different tune when he's older, sick or disabled.
cheers Bob
PS I vote for "plumber rip-off". Get a someone to just replace R & R the toilet, replace the wax ring & check out the waste lines. How old is the house? Are there any drains in the bathroom that don't get their traps replenished? Unused shower or tub?
Add pictures here
✖

shouldn't be embedded, but you pretty much need a 4.5" angle grinder to get them off unless the previous occupant was anal retentive and used stainless and anti-seize... and even so, I've seen wax ring kits w/ nylocs... WTF? how the hell do you remove a nyloc from a t-bolt?
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 28, 10:43 am, "Bob-tx" <No Spam no contact> wrote:

Not a rip off. This is the best way to find the problem. If they just replace the ring and that doesnt fix the problem they are going to be the goat for not fixing it right the first time.. Assume you just have the ring replaced and they will not guarantee the work because they are not sure this is the cause. You agree or they dont do the work, This will probably cost close to $200. If all goes well great if not you are out of $200 and bathroom still stinks and its still going to cost another $400 or more to get it done right. Most neighborhoods usally has someone living there that can do odd jobs like the for $40 or $50. He may not fix it for you either but it wont cost $ 200 to find out.
Jimmie.
Add pictures here
✖
Bob-tx <No Spam no contact> wrote:

You are right about not costing more than about $100 to replace the wax ring. But there is sometimes additional cost for cutting or drilling out the corroded bolts & nuts, cutting away the floor to replace the rusted out pipe flange, fixing the floor where it's rotted away over a the years because of a leak, etc.
of
--
Often wrong, never in doubt.

✖