A Program to Assist Homeless People to do Home Repair

Our government needs to do something useful for once, and do something for the poor. Why not develop a program to Assist Homeless People to do Home Repair.

First they need to educate these homeless people about proper home repair techniques and practices. Then provide these people with the tools and materials needed to repair their own homes.

At least our tax dollars will be used for something good for once..... Is this too much to ask from our politicians!

Reply to
Paintedcow

The unions would never have it. When I was inspecting for the state, a lot of the work was in the prison system and they had inmates with lots of skill (mostly busted for "pot crime") but the state could not even use them for labor on state jobs outside the wire. The trades were to blame. They did not want the competition. These guys could pick up trash on the highway and clean up around job sites but they could not even pick up a shovel if it was "construction".

Reply to
gfretwell

This due to unions hiring the same MBAs the corporations hire. Basically, two parasites feeding off the same host (rank and file).

While I'm not a big union fan (not in any), I do think they have their place and would enjoy any rational discussion about labor. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

I'm guessing that you missed MooCow's stupid joke.

The key line is this one (my emphasis added)

"Then provide these people with the tools and materials needed to repair their *own* homes."

Hint: Homeless people don't have homes.

Reply to
DerbyDad03