A Perfect Case For NOT Using Linux.

Page 2 of 2
On 6/30/15, 7:45 PM, in article 2vIkx.11854$ snipped-for-privacy@fx13.am, "Wildman"

Depends on how you are defining the market. If you look up the phrase "open source market" you will see many use it as I did: to mean how it does in the "free market" - how many people use a product (or what percent).

You not only are pushing a semantic argument, and not one based on reasoning or logic, you are doing so while apparently not knowing the actual meaning of the word market as it was used:
<http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/market ----- A demand for a particular commodity or service: -----
<http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/market ----- demand for a particular product or commodity -----
--
* Mint MATE Trash, Panel, Menu: <
http://youtu.be/C0y74FIf7uE

http://youtu.be/C0y74FIf7uE

* Mint KDE working with folders: <
http://youtu.be/7C9nvniOoE0

http://youtu.be/7C9nvniOoE0

That doesn't mean it can't reduce sales of products in the market which are not free.
I acquire/build machines without an OS and install Linux in the main. That is a number of copies of MS Windows not sold.
Brian Reay wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

Copies not sold, maybe, but what about license? Does the vendor still do the volume deal in order to get "cheaper" Windows licenses?
Or is that "proprietary information", sealed under a "non-disclousre deal"?
--
A father doesn't destroy his children.
-- Lt. Carolyn Palamas, "Who Mourns for Adonais?",

No idea, sorry.
I either build machines from parts or use 'road kill' which come with no OS- one of the beauties of Linux is it runs so well on older, lower spec, machines. Plus I like tinkering. The exception is laptops, where I tend to buy new or at least 'repurpose' from within the family. For example, my youngest wanted a MacBook as a graduation present so her Windows 8 machine (which she hates) will almost certainly end up with Linux on it.
Having said that, she recently used my Linux machine for something (I talked her through it over the phone) she needed to do urgently and it was her first experience of Linux. She commented how straight forward it was to use etc. I can see that, while her 'old' laptop will almost certainly end up with Linux on it, it won't be on my lap.
Wildman wrote:

It will sure do you no good to deal with the "Snit" thing. *All* it does is lie.

The fact that it's free does not matter.
--
'You buy into the cult-like talk of Stallman and his dishonest use of
the word "Free".' - "Snit"

Yes, yes... all my unquotable lies. Tons of them every day. One of the longest and more boring on-going gags of COLA.

Well, it does help get is user base up... if it cost what Windows did it would be even lower than the 1.5% or so it is now.