A painting question

I am in the process of doing some painting. I have a door between two rooms in which the trim is different colours. The question is, what colour do I paint the door jamb and the edge of the door?

Reply to
Ultraglide

Whatever color your wife says....

Reply to
Runtime Error

This is the winning answer!

My suggestion would be the color that shows when the door is open to the room and all four edges the same color.

BTW, I don't think I have ever seen a door painted two different colors on the opposing sides.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

Same color as the door and trim in the room on that side of the door. If the bedroom is black, and the hallway is white, paint the bedroom side of the door and jamb black. Trim around the door on bedroom side black. Hallway side of the door, jamb and edges of the door white, as they will be seen when the door is open, but not seen from the bedroom when the door is closed. I think :o)

Reply to
Norminn

That is definitely the right answer.

You haven't been in enough houses yet. I seen and painted billions and billions.

Reply to
SteveBell

Thanks, that's what I was thinking

Reply to
Ultraglide

"SteveBell" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.motzarella.org:

"Billions and billions served", ehhh :-)

Reply to
Red Green