A painting question

I am in the process of doing some painting. I have a door between two rooms in which the trim is different colours. The question is, what colour do I paint the door jamb and the edge of the door?

Whatever color your wife says....

This is the winning answer!
My suggestion would be the color that shows when the door is open to the room and all four edges the same color.
BTW, I don't think I have ever seen a door painted two different colors on the opposing sides.
Colbyt
Colbyt wrote:

That is definitely the right answer.

You haven't been in enough houses yet. I seen and painted billions and billions.
--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement

"Billions and billions served", ehhh :-)
Ultraglide wrote:

If the bedroom is black, and the hallway is white, paint the bedroom side of the door and jamb black. Trim around the door on bedroom side black. Hallway side of the door, jamb and edges of the door white, as they will be seen when the door is open, but not seen from the bedroom when the door is closed. I think :o)