A Non-friction bicycle lights generator (dynamo)

In this new generation bicycle light system, no battery is needed, no friction on any parts of the bicycle. The lights flash regardless speed of the bicycle and weather conditions (unlike normal dynamos!). Very bright.
It can be used as a stand-alone light system (as a normal dynamo) on your bike, or used as a back-up for your existed battery-powered lights
All details and buy on-line: http://www.freelights.co.uk
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Will it work on my front porch? How about on my rowing scull?
This is not a commercial newsgroup. Nor is it a bicycle newsgroup, where they are likely to tell you that they would prefer LED lights as I would and do.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
sligojoe snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...

Actually, they told him it wasn't a commercial newsgroup, and pointed out his disingenuous choice of words -- lack of *friction* does not mean lack of *resistance*, just because the power loss is transmitted magnetically.
<http://www.phred.org/~josh/
Joshua Putnam wrote:

I take it that "they" was a bicycle newsgroup he also posted that message to, right Joshua?
And while I'm sure I'll be expressing a minority view, (Maybe even a minority of one.) I did find that link rather interesting. I've seen the TV ads for the "shakemup" flashlights ad nauseum, but this was my first exposure to the same sort of single pole PM generator being used elsewhere.
The "moving magnet" pictured in that ad looks very much the same shape and size aa a high energy magnet I grabbed yesterday to find the wood behind drywall in a basement room via locating the drywall screw head locations. My stud finder was getting very confused trying to find the strapping or whatever else had been attached to a foundation wall, and I was coming up with too many "dry holes" while trying to screw some conduit clamps in place.
There are probably a lot of DIY folks on this newsgroup who play home bike mechanic for their family's bicycles, so the subject wasn't that far removed from this group's theme.
And yes, several of the claims could have used the adjective "virtually" ahead of them, like that "Virtually pain free" one I keep hearing in those TV ads for somebody's diabetes blood testing meter.
But, that whole website has a DIY look about it, and the guy who wrote the copy probably didn't have a doctorate in physics, and was just stating his impressions of the words he heard the developers use.
Just my .02, and I hope that my not being offended by that post doesn't get me labeled a SPAM lover.
If I had a mind to try and promote my company's products on non-commercial newsgroups, I'd probably be a little more subtle, like having a shil post a question like, "Does anyone know where I can buy one of those bicycle flasher lights which uses a magnet attached to the wheel?" and then have a different person post just the company's URL as a reply. <G>
Just my .02,
Jeff (Ducking.)
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

You beat me to it. Absolutely. You can't get something for nothing.
From the time I was 8 and first saw one, I wanted a generator for my bicycle. When I finally got a bike with one, when I was about 20, I was really surprised at how hard it was to pedal with the generator on.
mm wrote:

Try telling that to some of the welfare cheaters all around out town....
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
Thats not new to us in the US, advertising here is not allowed, everywhere else you have been told, butt head.