A new toilet seat woe!

Page 2 of 3

This might be perfect for her... http://www.bumperdumper.com/

--

I'll pass.

On Wed, 18 Jun 2014 11:15:45 -0800, "Guv Bob"

She's saying there's a brand of seat that makes removal easy, and I think I've seen something about that (but not much), so for everyone who has never had it made easy, they're unlikely to remove the seat.
The seat snaps off and snaps on, leaving just part of the hinges on the toilet, a part that doesn't get in the way of cleaing the toilet.
So far googling for snap on toilet seat only finds those meant to snap onto a 5-gal bucket, and some medical seats which probably have some snap on bag underneath. Not what I had in mind.
I changed to easy to remove toilet seat and found it.
Easy-Clean & Change TM by Bemis.
https://www.churchseats.com/catalog/toilet-seat-features/easy-clean-and-change/ http://howto.homedepot.com/videos/watch/806769427001/Bemis-Easy-Clean-Toilet-Seat-The-Home-Depot.html one-minute video http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/1/17810-mayfair-easy-clean-change-wide-round-toilet-seat.html 30$, in 2 colors. Treated with DuraGuard® antimicrobial that inhibits the growth and odor of micro-organisms on the toilet seat Made with durable wood with a superior high-gloss finish that resists chipping and scratching Has a metal hinge that keeps the seat secure and looks great Measures 14.37 L x 16.93" W x 2.25 H Fits all round bowls 1-year limited manufacturer's warranty Made in USA
I suspect it doesn't really have a metal hinge, but I'm also sure that the separable hinge can be put on many types of seats, not just wood.
For example, here is plastic. http://www.toiletseats.com/model-family/view/plastic-seat-whisper-close-with-easy-clean-change-hinges-and-statite/ 87 colors. No price here. STA-TITE® Seat Fastening System™ - Installs with ease, never loosens. I don't know if I want this or not. I had trouble tightening at least one seat and it moved around, but I must have fixed it because nothing's moved in years.
Also, connection looks different, more like the video. Bemis and Mayfair and Church use the same trademark but I don't think the connections are exaactly the same shape.
And here are 9 features and explanations. More features than you ever thought your toilet seat will have, inclding power windows and power doorlocks. https://www.churchseats.com/catalog/toilet-seat-features/
Hmmm. One of the 9 features is Just-Lift, which seems to be more about getting the seat off easily than Easy Clean & Change. Or maybe it's the same but works with Sta-tite. It's a puzzlement. https://www.churchseats.com/catalog/toilet-seat-features/just-lift/ A video here helps http://www.justliftseats.com/ Per the video, the seat goes on very easily, but it doesn't come off all the way. It just lifts up about an inch, maybe a tiny bit more, but doesn't come all the way off like Easy Clean and Change. I think I prefer EC&C. but this would be a lot better than what I have.
In fact, I'm so eager to do a good job of cleaning, I'm tempted to buy one of these two designs now. Definitely I would use their cleaning features if I had either of these two kinds of seat.
Top-Loc® hinges come with either a stainless steel or nylon pintle. That's great if I knew what a pintle was.
On 6/18/2014 3:11 PM, micky wrote:

Check out Kohler too. Q3 line is the best.

Pintle! Aha!

Before now, I have never heard of anyone removing the seat to clean. No doubt it's better than brushing... although the wife's tootbrush works great!
Guv Bob posted for all of us...
And I know how to SNIP

That will take you for a ride? Where do put the reading material & TP?
--
Tekkie

I comes in pink.

I comes in pink.
--

Still pass.

On Thu, 19 Jun 2014 00:54:32 -0700, "Julie Bove"

It is not a cure for slamming. it makes you life easier that you only have to give the seat a flick of the finger and it goes down by itself, silently.
Those rug covers went out of style in 1970. Very unsanitary too. They just sop up bacteria.

I suppose you're right.
If you can find a seat that meets your requirements except for being pink, buy that seat and paint the seat the shade of pink that suits you. Rustole um makes spray paints in a wide variety of colors. I repainted one of our seats to match a changed room color, just clean the seat off before paintin g.
If you can find a seat that meets your requirements except for being pink, buy that seat and paint the seat the shade of pink that suits you. Rustoleum makes spray paints in a wide variety of colors. I repainted one of our seats to match a changed room color, just clean the seat off before painting.
--

No thanks. I'm not really into painting. And I really don't care what it
looks like. I just want it to work right.

I think I've only slammed the seat 5 times in my life.
I've also NEVER pinched my fingers, even though this feature is touted to not pinch your fingers.

Ha! I've never pinched my fingers either. And don't recall ever hearing a toilet seat slam.

I didn't think about that. I did notice at the homes of others that on some toilets the lid won't stay up with one of those covers, and yet they had the cover in place for years. How could they live like that? .

I wash mine.

Get one of those slow closing seat covers. Then when you visit friends and use the facilities, you'll automatically drop the lid and make even better friends.

Slow close lids have nothing to do with finger pinching.
I have a few, and they really are great.
--
Dan Espen

They look real nice with a fuzzy cover

I like the type that are spring loaded. After you stand up, it starts a timer. If you don't drop the lid in 3 minutes, a fog horn goes off and a bear trap strength spring slams the lid down as a reminder for next time.