a letter to those who voted for Bush

Page 10 of 10
Dr. Hardcrab wrote:

I think I'm registered as a Republican, but when Clinton was in office the freaking burger joints were paying signing bonuses. Something good was going on.
Why should someone getting 52 weeks of unemployment insurance take a lousy job at a burger joint? Now we make them work. Thats whats different now. No more hand-outs. You don't have to lure people off of unemployment with "signing bonuses", (which causes burgers to be more expensive). Its good for everyone.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

So they'll quit posting and perpetuating their OT political bullshit opinions in a home repair news group. Now STFU and make that a double cheeseburger, no onions.
On 14 Sep 2005 08:59:19 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

When the economy is booming almost nobody needs a job at a fast food joint. That's why the hiring bonuses. Why take a crappy job that pays minimum wage when you can make twice as much at a better job? During the Boom of the 90's, Fast food restaurants in Fairfield county Connecticut were chartering busses to bring in workers from the slums of New York City. Hiring bonuses were not enough to lure in enough help. They had to import them from 60 miles away.
rusty redcloud
Thats brilliant, Rusty. When the economy is booming teenagers, the uneducated and those that can only work 14 hours a week get magically elevated to paralegals and computer programmers.
Maybe the kids in CT get more allowance than they can make at burger king in CT? Or maybe wealthy parents would rather that their kids not work until 3AM at a place with a 32yo ex-con as the manager?
Get a clue.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

And _OT_ newsgroup posters.

Get pollinated bigmouth.
On 14 Sep 2005 09:22:10 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I think you need your meds adjusted. Seriously!
rusty redcloud

yeah, a web-based tech-sector fantasy bubble.
And like a hit of crack, it felt really good at the time, but wasn't indicative of economic health.
--Goedjn
Goedjn wrote:

Its quite interesting reading posts from the working poor. Its giving me incredible insight as to why you are so unsuccessful. I feel even less sorry for you than before. Its your own refusal to grasp basic concepts and your ridiculous view of the world that has made you losers. You deserve no better.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in

ALL fingers should not be pointed at Bush;
"The Blame Game"; http://nationalreview.com/lowry/lowry200509131417.asp
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I won't open vagrant links, but I will agree with you....when history records the events of 8/28 thru 9/2/05 there will be fingers pointed in many directions, not just at Washington, D.C.
Liz
Wow, I should really switch sides, because libs never appoint the wrong people to government positions. The fool mayor and governor of La. are much more at fault. If they had gotten their people out like they should have, FEMA would not have even been an issue. As for post 9/11, I'd still take 10 Bushes before I'd take one Gore or Kerry.