a letter to those who voted for Bush

Page 1 of 10
To All My Fellow Americans Who Voted for George W. Bush:
On this, the fourth anniversary of 9/11, I'm just curious, how does it feel?
How does it feel to know that the man you elected to lead us after we were attacked went ahead and put a guy in charge of FEMA whose main qualification was that he ran horse shows?
That's right. Horse shows.
I really want to know -- and I ask you this in all sincerity and with all due respect -- how do you feel about the utter contempt Mr. Bush has shown for your safety? C'mon, give me just a moment of honesty. Don't start ranting on about how this disaster in New Orleans was the fault of one of the poorest cities in America. Put aside your hatred of Democrats and liberals and anyone with the last name of Clinton. Just look me in the eye and tell me our President did the right thing after 9/11 by naming a horse show runner as the top man to protect us in case of an emergency or catastrophe.
I want you to put aside your self-affixed label of Republican/conservative/born-again/capitalist/ditto-head/right-winger and just talk to me as an American, on the common ground we both call America.
Are we safer now than before 9/11? When you learn that behind the horse show runner, the #2 and #3 men in charge of emergency preparedness have zero experience in emergency preparedness, do you think we are safer?
When you look at Michael Chertoff, the head of Homeland Security, a man with little experience in national security, do you feel secure?
When men who never served in the military and have never seen young men die in battle send our young people off to war, do you think they know how to conduct a war? Do they know what it means to have your legs blown off for a threat that was never there?
Do you really believe that turning over important government services to private corporations has resulted in better services for the people?
Why do you hate our federal government so much? You have voted for politicians for the past 25 years whose main goal has been to de-fund the federal government. Do you think that cutting federal programs like FEMA and the Army Corps of Engineers has been good or bad for America? GOOD OR BAD?
With the nation's debt at an all-time high, do you think tax cuts for the rich are still a good idea? Will you give yours back so hundreds of thousands of homeless in New Orleans can have a home?
Do you believe in Jesus? Really? Didn't he say that we would be judged by how we treat the least among us? Hurricane Katrina came in and blew off the facade that we were a nation with liberty and justice for all. The wind howled and the water rose and what was revealed was that the poor in America shall be left to suffer and die while the President of the United States fiddles and tells them to eat cake.
That's not a joke. The day the hurricane hit and the levees broke, Mr. Bush, John McCain and their rich pals were stuffing themselves with cake. A full day after the levees broke (the same levees whose repair funding he had cut), Mr. Bush was playing a guitar some country singer gave him. All this while New Orleans sank under water.
It would take ANOTHER day before the President would do a flyover in his jumbo jet, peeking out the widow at the misery 2500 feet below him as he flew back to his second home in DC. It would then be TWO MORE DAYS before a trickle of federal aid and troops would arrive. This was no seven minutes in a sitting trance while children read "My Pet Goat" to him. This was FOUR DAYS of doing nothing other than saying "Brownie (FEMA director Michael Brown), you're doing a heck of a job!"
My Republican friends, does it bother you that we are the laughing stock of the world?
And on this sacred day of remembrance, do you think we honor or shame those who died on 9/11/01? If we learned nothing and find ourselves today every bit as vulnerable and unprepared as we were on that bright sunny morning, then did the 3,000 die in vain?
Our vulnerability is not just about dealing with terrorists or natural disasters. We are vulnerable and unsafe because we allow one in eight Americans to live in horrible poverty. We accept an education system where one in six children never graduate and most of those who do can't string a coherent sentence together. The middle class can't pay the mortgage or the hospital bills and 45 million have no health coverage whatsoever.
Are we safe? Do you really feel safe? You can only move so far out and build so many gated communities before the fruit of what you've sown will be crashing through your walls and demanding retribution. Do you really want to wait until that happens? Or is it your hope that if they are left alone long enough to soil themselves and shoot themselves and drown in the filth that fills the street that maybe the problem will somehow go away?
I know you know better. You gave the country and the world a man who wasn't up for the job and all he does is hire people who aren't up for the job. You did this to us, to the world, to the people of New Orleans. Please fix it. Bush is yours. And you know, for our peace and safety and security, this has to be fixed. What do you propose?
I have an idea, and it isn't a horse show.

<snip>
The Bush group will never admit to what you wrote. All they'll do is switch the blame to others and remind you that Clinton had oral sex in the Oval Office. Clinton might have gotten screwed in the Oval Office but Bush is screwing US from the same office.
perhaps if democrats would do something other than complain someone would pay attention to them? Its easy to find fault. The Republicans win elections because they propose solutions. Maybe you don't like their solutions. But all democrats do is take our money and squander it on some inefficient program that has no chance at success. I doubt that you believe that any of what you are complaining about would be better under a different president. The government is inefficient. Thats why you should be against higher federal taxes. They waste our money. That goes for Republicans or Democrats. At least the republicans admit it.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Perhaps if stump stupid asswipes such as yourself would find on-topic newsgroups to spout their worthless opinions in someone would pay attention. FO.
I think we've extablished who the educated one is between the two of us Gussy. Who would listen to a foul-mouthed moron like you?
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

You're doing an excellent job of chasing the little red ball fido. Now, Mr Edumacated Egghead, show us your self-pronounced intelligence and post your OT bullshit elsewhere.

feel?
qualification
Not much traction with the abuse September 6, 2005
George W. finally gets it -- in more ways than one. The tardy president was back on the Gulf Coast yesterday, bucking up the spirits of the damned and stiffening the resolve of the slackers. He's getting it as well from his critics, many of whom can't believe their great good luck, that a hurricane, of all things, finally gives them the opening they've been waiting for to heap calumny and scorn on him for something that might get a little traction. Cindy Sheehan is yesterday's news; she couldn't attract a camera crew this morning if she stripped down to her step-ins for a march on Prairie Chapel Ranch. The vultures of the venomous left are attacking on two fronts, first that the president didn't do what the incompetent mayor of New Orleans and the pouty governor of Louisiana should have done, and didn't, in the early hours after Katrina loosed the deluge on the city that care and good judgment forgot. Ray Nagin, the mayor, ordered a "mandatory" evacuation a day late, but kept the city's 2,000 school buses parked and locked in neat rows when there was still time to take the refugees to higher ground. The bright-yellow buses sit ruined now in four feet of dirty water. Then the governor, Kathleen Blanco, resisted early pleas to declare martial law, and her dithering opened the way for looters, rapists and killers to make New Orleans an unholy hell. Gov. Haley Barbour did not hesitate in neighboring Mississippi, and looters, rapists and killers have not turned the streets of Gulfport and Biloxi into killing fields. The drumbeat of partisan ingratitude continues even after the president flooded the city with National Guardsmen from a dozen states, paratroopers from Fort Bragg and Marines from the Atlantic and the Pacific. The flutter and chatter of the helicopters above the ghostly abandoned city, some of them from as far away as Singapore and averaging 240 missions a day, is eerily reminiscent of the last days of Saigon. Nevertheless, Sen. Mary Landrieu, who seems to think she's cute when she's mad, even threatened on national television to punch out the president -- a felony, by the way, even as a threat. Mayor Nagin, who you might think would be looking for a place to hide, and Gov. Blanco, nursing a bigtime snit, can't find the right word of thanks to a nation pouring out its heart and emptying its pockets. Maybe the senator should consider punching out the governor, only a misdemeanor. The race hustlers waited for three days to inflame a tense situation, but then set to work with their usual dedication. The Revs. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, our self-appointed twin ambassadors of ill will, made the scene as soon as they could, taking up the coded cry that Katrina was the work of white folks, that a shortage of white looters and snipers made looting and sniping look like black crime, that calling the refugees "refugees" was an act of linguistic racism. A "civil rights activist" on Arianna Huffington's celebrity blog even floated the rumor that the starving folks abandoned in New Orleans had been forced to eat their dead -- after only four days. New Orleans has a reputation for its unusual cuisine, but this tale was so tall that nobody paid it much attention. Neither did anyone tell the tale-bearer to put a dirty sock in it. Condi Rice went to the scene to say what everyone can see for himself, that no one but the race hustlers imagine Americans of any hue attaching strings to the humanitarian aid pouring into the broken and bruised cities of the Gulf. Most of the suffering faces in the flickering television images are black, true enough, and most of the helping hands are white. Black and white churches of all denominations across a wide swath of the South stretching from Texas across Arkansas and Louisiana into Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama and Georgia turned their Sunday schools into kitchens and dormitories. In Memphis, Junior Leaguers turned out for baby-sitting duty at the city's largest, most fashionable and nearly all white Baptist church, cradling tiny black infants in compassionate arms so their mothers could finally sleep. The owner of a honky-tonk showed up to ask whether the church would "accept money from a bar." A pastor took $1,400, some of it in quarters, dimes and nickels, with grateful thanks and a promise to see that it is spent wisely on the deserving -- most of whom are black. The first polls, no surprise, show the libels are not working. A Washington Post-ABC survey found that the president is not seen as the villain the nutcake left is trying to make him out to be. Americans, skeptical as ever, are believing their own eyes. Wesley Pruden is editor in chief of The Times.

show
with
die
and
the
America
Bush,
in
of
those
build
long
wasn't
You
has
NOBODY IS LISTENING

NOT TO YOU ANY LONGER! <PLONK!>

Awww isn't that sweet. Plonked by the left wing radical that came to a home repair newsgroup to spew his anti Bush agenda. The touching part is- he had to let you know he plonked you.
Hey nugugly - Would you plonk me too?
Damn fine post!
Pagan

The article didn't say what kind of horse is best to recuse huricane survivors.
Fucking Dopey Responder (at his finest) wrote:

FDR wrote:

That should be obvious even to you. A seahorse, in the flooded areas.
inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don\'t know

The one you rode in on.
BTW, "recuse" has a totally different meaning than "rescue".

Well actually, the above is an insult to those qualified to run horse shows. Mr. Brown did not run horse shows...he supervised the distribution of awards or something to that effect. To run a horse show one must possess skills which Mr. Brown could only aspire to possess.
Liz

feel?
Good!
qualification
Actually, he didn't run them, which is why he was canned.

You ask a question, then place restrictions on the answer.

Protect us? What was he going to do, shield everybody with his body?

You also want to ask extremely vague, misleading, biased, and prejudgemental questions in order to make your point, all the while never abandoning your self-affixed label of a Bush Blaming Democrat Liberal.
"Sir, please tell the court how many times you beat your wife."
"Who said I beat my wife?"

From maniacs trying to blow me up so they can play with virgins in the afterlife, certainly.
From hurricanes, earthquakes, volcanos, tornados, and drivers on the cell phone, not so much.

with
die
Not at all, which is why I voted for Bush instead of Kerry.

Another of many biased and uninformed opinions, disguised as a question. I only point this one out because much of the federal government, from civilian law enforcement to the military itself, voted for Bush.

and
Good. Very good.

I do, as long as Democrats consider those who earn $15,000 a year "rich."

As soon as they get a friggin job.

the
Um, no, but it may have blew off the facade that the weather has something to do with "liberty and justice."

America
Bush,
And of course any other President of the US would immediately grab a bucket and start emptying NO single handed.

in
Yes, and on the fifth day, he did "something" by ordering troops and supplies into the disaster areas, and of course they were there the same day, just like FedEx. As we all know, 50 year old Army trucks can really zoom onto the freeways, and tens of thousands of soldiers are standing by, trucks idling and filled to the brim with more troops, food, and water, 24/7, and can be anywhere in the US within minutes of getting the green light.

That was Mrs. Bush, not President Bush. She's the one with the bumps on the front.

of
They are laughing at those who do nothing but bitch about the greatest country on Earth.

those
Please, feel free to speak for yourself. I am anything but vulnerable and unprepared.
I am well prepared for practically any emergency, and none of those preparations include a chair to sit on while I wait for someone else to babysit my family and myself. Should a situation for which I am not prepared, and have no time to prepare, I and my family will take it upon ourselves to survive.

Yes, we "allow" it. In this country, you are allowed to be a good-for-nothing dirtbag.
Personally, I wouldn't allow it. I would eliminate almost all forms of welfare, and the rest would have strict time limits.

Again, yes, we "allow" it. Not all drop-outs are failures, however, there's no practical way to force people to attend school, and there's certainly no way to force people to learn. This is not the fault of the education system, which is free to those who attend, but a failure of parents to make wise decisions, and a failure of their advocates to encourage them to do so.

As a 'real' middle class guy, I can assure you I am fully able to pay my mortgage, any hospital bills, and buy a new car, as well as other things needed or desired.

Most of them children. You should ask their parents why they didn't wait to have children until they were on solid financial ground.

build
Um, no, the "fruit" your talking about will stay well away from gated communities and cities where bullshit isn't tolerated. They know who pays the bills, they know who can take care of themselves, and they know who owns the guns.

long
The problem will never go away, and in fact it will increase as long as Democrat Liberals continue the brainwashing of the poor and minorities that nothing but failure is expected of them, that they need not observe the laws of a civil and polite society, that society somehow owes them, and that Super Rich Corporate Whitey is responsible for keeping them 'down', giving them money, and taking care of their every need.

Oh yes, we know better.
We know what happens when Democrats rule the roost, and it isn't Utopia. Democrats have had complete control over LA and New Orleans for decades. They've had every opportunity to build up the levees, prepare a realistic disaster plan, evacuate the poor, and deal with the evacuees. They've had ample time to get everybody an education, a job, and health insurance. There were no mean and nasty Republicans stopping them from helping the poor, minorities, and immigrants acheive greatness, keeping them from saving the wetlands, protecting valued cities, and minimizing loss of life from attack and disaster.
The fact is Republicans haven't had much to do with LA for a long, long time. The real disaster wasn't a hurricane named Katrina that happened in a day, it was allowing Democrat Liberals to run amok with their wild and unproven ideas unchecked, and it happened over the course of years. They drove the state into the ground, and the residents were willing passengers.
At least in CA, folks realized what a mistake it was to allow a Democrat to remain governer for any length of time, even though he wasn't a Liberal. The entire state was driven to the point of bankruptcy, and the wheels were in motion to ensure it would never recover. Fortunately, we realized our mistake and gave Davis the Brown boot. One is forced to believe the voters in LA never grew up enough to do the same.

Yet another misleading statement, which is by far the strangest, coming from a supposedly compassionate Democrat Liberal. Bush has hired more minorities than any other President. He's hired all the generals, including the ones who provided relief from Katrina. He's put people in place that, while far from perfect, has still prevented another terrorist attack in this country. He chose the commanders who directed the overwhelming victory in two wars and brought a large measure of stability to the Middle East. He even received more votes the second time around, a rare event.
President Bush is far from perfect. He's made mistakes, just as every President before and after. However, this Democrat system of Blame Bush for Everything isn't going to work.

He's yours too. Your attempts to divide this nation will backfire.

Same here.
Cheney for President!
Pagan

Good that we haven't found Bin Laden? It's outright disgusting and a slap in the face of the survivors of the 9/11 tragedy.

Just what I suspected. The Feds don't have any ability to help protect us in time of crisis. But yet Bush keeps saying that he's making this country safer.

There's just as many of them now as before. The London bombings are easy testament to that.