A letter that I sent to Home Depot that I never got an answer to:

How is it that I can find and order this Glacier Bay part at Amazon
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
but your stores don't carry it or even knows how to order it even though Home Depot owns Glacier Bay?
On 10/19/15 4:47 PM, Molly Brown wrote:

Home Depot does not own DANCO. You expect too much from HD to know who all makes replacement parts for all the stuff they sell.
Got a Lowes near you ? http://www.lowes.com/pd_474357-1366-10670_0__?productIdG64883
On Monday, October 19, 2015 at 4:08:01 PM UTC-7, Retired wrote:

Thank you for that. Now I know to go to Lowe's and not Home Depot next time I need a faucet part.

On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 13:47:29 -0700 (PDT), Molly Brown

It must be because you are so smart.
Nah, there's got to be some other reason.
On 10/19/2015 4:47 PM, Molly Brown wrote:

Glacier Bay is the name of a line of faucets and other plumbing supplies sold by Home Depot. They do not own the factory. Globe Union makes many brands for themselves and others.
Danco does a good job of making and selling repair parts. Some are better than OEM, some are not.
Home Depot sells a lot of mediocre equipment. If you had a better brand you'd not be needed repairs yet. Kohler, Moen, Delta are better choices.
If so then why is there NO mention of "Glacier Bay" on the Globe Union website? Why do you get diddly squat when you do a search for Glacier Bay on The Globe Union website? Why is it that Home Depot is the ONLY page that opens-up when you click on Glacier Bay? I would NEVER buy a s..t brand like glacier bay. My client has it in his shower and would prefer not to break the wall to replace it. When it comes to faucets the only brand that I buy is Chicago.