A good household air freshener / deoderant

Page 2 of 2
On 1/17/2011 3:24 AM, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

them get away with a lot from most owners. I'm thinking of my friends that have dogs and how much trouble it is to own a dog, how much time it takes. I had superbly trained off leash trained dogs, and yet when they died, life was so much easier. Dogs will take every inch you allow.
Jeff
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 15, 3:49 pm, "Bob-tx" <No Spam no contact> wrote:

Have you tried Febreze?
Joe
Add pictures here
✖

That's rude. But correct. :-)
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 15, 4:49 pm, "Bob-tx" <No Spam no contact> wrote:

How cold is it where you live? Up here in Michigan, anytime it gets up to 40 in the wintertime we're apt to open the windows for a while and let the house air out. Maybe for just an hour or two, maybe for half a day--depends on the wind speed.
Doesn't happen very often, granted, but at least once a month we get a warm spell like that. Then DH says, "Let's blow the farts out of the house!"
Cindy Hamilton
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 15, 4:49 pm, "Bob-tx" <No Spam no contact> wrote:

Glade Plugins. Cheap and effective for a month.
Add pictures here
✖
On 1/17/2011 11:48 AM, A. Baum wrote:

They only contribute to air pollution and fool your nose.
Add pictures here
✖

Central Texas, gets pretty cold (for us anyway) perhaps several times a winter. I'd average is about 40 for low, high fifties for high. Gets colder though - below freezing at least a couple times most years. Also get warm occasionally mid to high seventies; when that happens, it is warm enough to open the house for a little bit.
Bob-tx
Add pictures here
✖
"Bob-tx" <No Spam no contact> wrote in message wrote in message

The normal approach to this problem is to eliminate the odor sources which are not necessary to sustain life. You obviously can't eliminate food, but you could get the livestock out of the house.
Although I don't believe fan hoods work very well, some people feel they help. Apparently, some have charcoal filters or something. Have your carpets & furniture cleaned. Keep the livestock off the furniture.
By the way, 40 degrees is not too cold for opening windows. The objects in the house aren't going to get that cold in 1/2 hour.
Add pictures here
✖
On 1/18/2011 8:22 AM, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Mine works well. It vents outside. The charcoal filter ones are a joke.
Add pictures here
✖
wrote in message

There ought to be a law requiring builders and architects to ask home buyers in writing "Do you want a fan which vents to the outside? Do you realize the other types are illogical and ineffective?"
There's a long list of other disclosures I can think of. "Would you like your toilet so close to the wall on either side that no standard mop will fit in between?" "Would you like so much blacktop on the property that it practically negates the effectiveness of your air conditioning?" "Would you like all the trees removed for no particular reason?"
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 18, 7:52 am, "Bob-tx" <No Spam no contact> wrote:

I guess it's all relative. I was out grilling chicken in 16 F weather on Sunday. In the 50s, we don't even turn on the furnace.
Of course, when it's 40 for a daytime high and we do air out the house, we've got a fairly powerful furnace to restore the indoor temp to 70.
Cindy
Add pictures here
✖