The lights in my house have been dimming and brightening,at times the TV
will click off,then back on.Usually when this occurs I have noticed my
space heaters and microwave fail to function properly.Sometimes if I turn
on the dryer for a minute things return to normal awhile.Also,when problem
occurs,if I switch a space heater on & off the lights in one room get
brighter and dim in another room simultaneously.Whats up??
i had a bad connection on my outside ground wire to the house. i
noticed it when i was running a fan and the rpms would go up and
down..i called power co and they fixed it.lucas
Bad or broken neutral? Maybe inside house or outside. Get it fixed
pronto; could be expensive! Faulty or eoverheating breaker, bad
connection before or after meter .... etc.
Assuming you are somewhere in North America and without getting into
technicalities such a fault could a) Result in twice the voltage being
applied to electronic gear. That can mean four times the power and
damaging it extensivley or beyond repair. b) Possibility of electric
shock and or fire!
And if worst was to happen and it could be proven that you knew
something was wrong and failed to take action ........... Well you
know what insurance co.s can be like?
sounds like a bad neutral on your electric service ,get it fixed before it
destroys your el;ectronics .
click off,then back on.Usually when this occurs I have noticed mypspace
heaters and microwave fail to function properly.Sometimes if I turnEon the
dryer for a minute things return to normal awhile.Also,when problem8occurs,if
I switch a space heater on & off the lights in one room get8brighter and dim
in another room simultaneously.Whats up??
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.