A ghost in the machine?

The lights in my house have been dimming and brightening,at times the TV will click off,then back on.Usually when this occurs I have noticed my space heaters and microwave fail to function properly.Sometimes if I turn on the dryer for a minute things return to normal awhile.Also,when problem occurs,if I switch a space heater on & off the lights in one room get brighter and dim in another room simultaneously.Whats up??

Reply to
neurochip

Perhaps there is an open neutral which may be a power company problem.This can cause damage to electronics & other devices.Have PG&E check it out.

Reply to
neurochip

i had a bad connection on my outside ground wire to the house. i noticed it when i was running a fan and the rpms would go up and down..i called power co and they fixed it.lucas

ds549

Bad or broken neutral? Maybe inside house or outside. Get it fixed pronto; could be expensive! Faulty or eoverheating breaker, bad connection before or after meter .... etc. Assuming you are somewhere in North America and without getting into technicalities such a fault could a) Result in twice the voltage being applied to electronic gear. That can mean four times the power and damaging it extensivley or beyond repair. b) Possibility of electric shock and or fire! And if worst was to happen and it could be proven that you knew something was wrong and failed to take action ........... Well you know what insurance co.s can be like?

Reply to
terry

sounds like a bad neutral on your electric service ,get it fixed before it destroys your el;ectronics .

"neurochip" wrote:

click off,then back on.Usually when this occurs I have noticed mypspace heaters and microwave fail to function properly.Sometimes if I turnEon the dryer for a minute things return to normal awhile.Also,when problem8occurs,if I switch a space heater on & off the lights in one room get8brighter and dim in another room simultaneously.Whats up??

Reply to
The Freon Cowboy

Aluminum wiring, backstabber outlets possible other things to deal with. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe

call power company to start.

brown outs are pretty common with cheap fluroscent fixtures even when everything is fine

Reply to
hallerb

Call a priest. Immediately.

Either that, or an electrician.