a gas mask

OT unless you live in a war zone:

They call this a gas mask

but isn't that very misleading. AFAICT, this only contains filters. My image of a gas mask is that it contains chemicals that neutralize mustard and other poison gasses. Or tear gas.

It also uses the word cannister, and in my English, a cannister is like a can, for liquids. The holder for a filter is called something else.

Yes, I know that Tmart sells cheap junk, and I don't expect much from them, but I figure the usual problem si that things don't work well or for long, not that they imply something as false as this looks.

Reply to
micky

... not sure what "war zone" has to do with this but .. this device has a N95 rating, described below.

One such rating is N95, which is recommended by US CDC for most cases of air contamination. These filters seal are made to seal tightly around mouth and nose and is made of material certified to block 95% of particles 0.3 µm or larger in diameter, roughly the size of a single virus[1] and include PM2.5. [1] Nevertheless, strict protocol must be taken to wear properly these masks, even facial hair is enough to break the seal and let in particles.

Respiratory protection is important in home renovations - On Topic. John T.

Reply to
hubops

It probably works in those areas of China where pollution is so bad you can't breath the air for long without a filter mask of some kind.

Reply to
cowabunga dude

micky posted for all of us...

How much is your health worth? Put a lot of research into finding the cheapest price but have no idea of what you need or are buying. It quotes an N95 rating and it's from China. Where is it certified at that rating?

Reply to
Tekkie®

For anyone under the age of 40, a gas mask is either something you wear over your face on halloween when you fill the gas tank on your car. OR something you wear when you are near people who have a bad case of the FARTS!!! (Which is particularly the day after Thanksgiving)....

Reply to
Paintedcow