A fluorescent lamp question for the old timers

I can't say I recall hearing a 20 year claim but I do know that most manufacturer's representatives exaggerate.
Cut their marketing claims in half and you'll have something close to the truth.
On Friday, August 23, 2013 11:16:09 AM UTC-4, Not My Real Name wrote:

I never heard that claim.
I heard they would last 5 times as long as an incandescent, and that has be en true in my experience, except for the occasional defective one that goes right away.