a different way to repair car tire?

Page 2 of 2

if you want it to last, get it plugged on the inside .. if your going to go ahead and put the string type plug from the outside, we use the pvc cement on the plugs for mower tires .it works pretty good smells like the tire plug glue you can buy .
I have repaired more than a few punctures over the years with silicone rubber in a small tube. I jack up the car to raise the wheel, pull the nail or screw, remove the valve stem, then squirt or push in just a little silicone rubber into the hole and let sit overnight. Next day, I replace the valve stem and use a pump to get the pressure up to about 20 lbs/sq inch and drive to QuikTrip to add air (free) up to 35 lbs. I check the air pressure every few days for a week just to make sure it worked. I haven't had any leak so far.

john wrote:

Plugs are temporary. If it's steel belted forget plugging it. Buy a new or used tire.
--
Claude Hopper ? 3 :) 7/8