A clue-by-four for the folks of AHR

Page 1 of 3
Jenn, (AKA Muggles, AKA Rebel, et. al.) will have the last word, regardless who's right or wrong on any subject. She got run off from Scorched-Earth because of her stubbornness like this, and is now turning your group into the same type hell-hole. I've been lurking here simply for the desire to see how long it would take for her to singlehandedly ruin your group. Maybe it's time to try and a bit of "alt.newsgroup.repair". I'll now return to lurk mode.
Good luck!
--
RonNNN

On 2/13/2016 11:59 AM, RonNNN wrote:

(sigh) The solution is simply to not feed the troll. When it gets tired of being ignored, perhaps it will find a new "haunt"...
On 2/13/2016 11:59 AM, RonNNN wrote:
BTW, what's the "clue by four" reference? Something I've not heard...
says...

It's a bit like someone needing to be hit on the head with a 2X4 to get their attention.
--
RonNNN

On 2/13/2016 1:14 PM, RonNNN wrote:

Ah, OK.
RonNNN wrote:

Funny , you're the second or third "person" to come in here saying that . The thing is that I haven't seen that behavior from her . I don't recall any earth-shaking revelations from her , but conversation has been mostly on topic and civil . YOU , on the other hand , who we've never heard from before and don't know , come in here and try to stir up shit . At this point , given a choice I'd label *YOU* the troll . Now , trudge your pudgy pimply ass up the stairs from your mommy's basement and see if she'll give you some milk and cookies and let the grown-ups go back to their conversations .
--
Snag

Funny that, isn't it? It's a lot like watching "Turner Classic Movies", or the "History Channel", some of us have seen it all before. Just because you've not seen the show before doesn't make it less true.

RIGHT! LOL! Does the word "thread drift" have any meaning to you? Jenn is the queen of going OFF topic, not to mention being the great "SPINster".

Thank you... thank you very much!

--
RonNNN

*** PLONK ***
snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo says...

WOW! I never imagined it would be this easy to sort out the sheep!
--
RonNNN

Uncle Monster submitted this idea :

You know ronnnnnnnnn very well UM....
On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 19:43:51 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster wrote:

Black robe? Here is what you will need:
1) Hand-bound book made with an ominous-looking hand-lettered script on the front. Use http://www.unicode.org/charts/ to tweak your imagination. Stain with suitable blood-coloured smudges. Build extra weight into the spine (i.e. using fishing sinkers) so that it will fall onto the floor when placed with less than half of its area over the edge of a table.
2) Old-style mechanical stopwatch.
3) Small 'freon'-style air horn.
4) Piece of blue chalk.
5) Empty cigarette lighter. (Empty of butane, but sparker still works.)
6) Magnet small enough to be 'palmed'.
7) Hand-made candle. It must be hand-made, because inside of it is a fairly large battery with some custom curcuitry, basically a magnetic reed switch, a relay, and a strip of fine gauge aluminum wire wrapped around the candle wick. You will probably need to make a few of these until you get it right, and practice so that when the candle is on a table, you can reliably cause a flame to light on the wick just by bringing a magnet close to the base underneath the table. Get a cloth or leather bag to hold all of the above.
8) Yeah, sure. A black robe and pointy hat wouldn't hurt.
They always work in pairs, usually an 'elder' and a young pup who is trying to earn brownie points because he's after the foxy daughter of one of the church elders. A bit of 'acting' is called for. Here is the general script:
Pup: Good morning. Have you heard the good news?
You: "Oh, you two must be <JW, LDS, etc.>. I've been looking forward to your visit. Please come in." Have them sit down at a small table. Go to your coat rack and clumsily don the robe and hat. All your other props are in the cloth or leather bag which had been hidden under the robe.
You need to be a bit clumsy without overdoing it. Take the items from the bag one at a time to build suspicion and worry as they try to guess what the next item will be. Start with the stopwatch and blue chalk. Just place them onto the table. When you remove the freon horn, hand it to the pup, and tell him that he can be the 'safety'.
Hopefully, one of them will ask what he needs to do. (Well, we all want to be safe, right?) Here's where your acting skills will be put to the test. Look him straight in the eye, and solemnnly say: "Oh, don't worry. You'll know when to use it."
Now, you need to start talking non-stop so thay cannot take control of the interaction. Talk about the weather, sports, or, things not requiring a response. Give the lighter to the elder or place it on table next to him if he does not take it. Place the candle in the centre of the table.
The last time you reach into the bag, palm the magnet and pick up the book by its weighted spine. Toss the bag away (not onto the table), and place the book onto the table with the weighted spine overhanging the edge. If you practice this ahead of time, you should be able to ensure that the book falls to the floor without making it obvious that you wanted it to fall.
As you bend down to pick up the book, ask the elder to please light the candle. Most likely he'll be a bit too freaked out, but just in case he does try, the lighter is not capable of making a flame.
And while you're under the table picking up the book with your free hand, with the other hand pass the magnet close to the candle so that it ignites. When you stand again, just thank him and pocket the lighter as if he had just lit the candle normally. This gives also you a chance to pocket the magnet simultaneously.
Next in a pre-practised flurry, draw a pentagram in chalk around the candle, pocket the chalk, sit down, open the book to the last page, start the stopwatch, and pull a pen out of your pocket. Tell them "We should be getting some sort of a sign pretty soon".
Of course, you will need to improvise. Chant a few bars of minor melodics, make like you want to hold hands, etc.
If you're really lucky, Junior will sound the horn. When that happens, or when one of them stands up, stop the watch, write down something in the book, close the book, and tell them that they just set a new record.
Terry Coombs formulated the question :

Terry, This ronnnnnnn idiot is just trying to stir up shit here. He is one of the fools who thinks these newsgroups belong to him. Just put the goon in the shit pile and carry on.
Eagle wrote:

Oh I know that , but can't I play with it just for a little while before I bozobin it ?
--
Snag

Terry Coombs expressed precisely :

lol Go for it Terry.... lol
On Saturday, February 13, 2016 at 4:06:02 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

The existence of God, what proof is acceptable, etc are now normal topics for AHR? It doesn't tale being uncivil either, just being a constant liar, denying obvious facts, creating circular arguments, are sufficient.
On Sunday, February 14, 2016 at 12:10:05 PM UTC-6, trader_4 wrote:

You are part of the circular arguments...so you are just as guilty!
On 2/14/2016 12:09 PM, trader_4 wrote:

The thread was "OT" to begin with, and had already morphed a number of times to other "OT" topics within the "OT: Trump" *off topic* thread.
I really don't understand what the problem is when there are multiple "OT" threads going on and hundreds of posts with dozens of people participating in each of them.
Trolls come on to the group to try to get people to fight while they sit there and watch the mayhem and laugh about it. I only see their comments in posts when people respond to them.
If you didn't like the OT discussion about the existence of God, don't respond. sheesh.
--
Maggie

Per Muggles:

Amen.... -)
--
Pete Cresswell

On 2/14/2016 4:01 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

THX!
--
Maggie

Muggles submitted this idea :