A clever idea for dressing the ends of childeren's shoelaces at home

Page 2 of 2
Thanks for taking the time to read it, Sta No.
--
nestork

On 11/21/2012 1:03 PM, Dr. Emily Sockerill wrote:

Google 'replacing aglets'. I was surprised at the number of ways to do it and the fact that they show up on so many sites. Many were discussed in this thread.
Art Todesco wrote on Thu, 22 Nov 2012 09:07:21 -0500,

The real problem is that the original manufacturer cheaped out by putting lousy aglets on in the first place.

Tie a knot in the ends, then snip off the excess.
This has the side benefit of preventing the ends from pulling through the holes in the first place, which is when frayed ends really become a problem.
However... Once your kids get to be the age of my kid, this problem ceases to exist. The current fashion among teenagers seems to be to eschew tying the laces at all. Instead, the loose, untied lace-ends are stuffed inside the shoe, under the foot, and are trod upon all day. It seems that tied laces are "uncool", and that walking upon loose laces is not at all uncomfortable. Or so the kid says.
--
Tegger

On 11/26/2012 7:05 PM, Tegger wrote:

Does your kid walk around with his undershorts hanging out too? ^_^
TDD

Nope. This one is a girl.
--
Tegger

On 11/27/2012 8:16 AM, Tegger wrote:

I'm sorry, I won't make any inappropriate remarks that could come from my warped mind because I know girls are harder to raise than boys. ^_^
TDD
Dr. Emily Sockerill;2964432 Wrote: > Do you have a clever trick for dressing children's shoelaces?

I am thinking maybe you can recreate how they do shoestrings. I think you need a piece of tube like plastic (something that looks similar to a drinking straw) that shrinks when heated then heat it with a hair dryer.
Tell me if it works. ;) -yve
--
yve lynch