A Circle is NO LONGER 360 deg.

Since the tsusami and earthquake in Japan, the earth is no longer a 360 degree circle. It's now 359.7262333 degrees. This means that from now on, ALL circles are 359.7262333 degrees. This will also force the time to change on all round clocks. If you have a round clock, please set your clock back by 0.326666 seconds.
On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 23:57:49 -0600, jw wrote:

The Earth is a globe not a circle. Wider at the equator because it is not a solid mass and from centrifugal force.
On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 11:06:33 -0700, Smitty Two wrote:

Globe is a shape right? Doesn't matter if it's a model earth or the real thing.
Definition of GLOBE
: something spherical or rounded: as a : a spherical representation of the earth, a celestial body, or the heavens b : earth 4 c : orb 5
Since the dialog involved shapes I thought the use of the word Globe to describe the shape of the Earth rather than circle was a good choice.

I think "oblate sphere" is the proper term. Corrections welcome.
HB
"Higgs Boson" wrote in message wrote:

I think "oblate sphere" is the proper term. Corrections welcome.
HB
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/globe
Jim
On 3/25/2011 1:57 AM, snipped-for-privacy@myplace.com wrote:

The Earth was/is an imperfect circle only to people who believe the earth is flat. No I guess I'm wrong, it might be a disc... depending on what is on the other side.
To most people these days it is an imperfect sphere, changing its shape all the time.

Just my luck. Shorter orgasms. Hopefully not noticeable, but who knows with SWMBO............
Steve
Heart surgery pending? www.cabgbypasssurgery.com