a case for safety

Others seem to agree with me:
(Amazon.com product link shortened)

I haven't but others have and report it to be far better (just how difficult is it to design a frappin' radio these days). I just don't think the function is worth close to $200. I'll use the crappy DeWalt, even though it won't remember its presets or even what station it's on. As I said, it works OK for MP3s.
Add pictures here
✖
On May 21, 10:41 am, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

If it won't remember the pre-sets then I'd suggest changing the batteries found under the little cover with the 2 screws inside where you plug in your cordless tool battery. I'm not near my radio, but I think you need 2 AA batteries.
The symptoms you describe sound like the problem is with *your* radio, not the model itself. The only time I lose my presets is when the "internal" batteries die.
Add pictures here
✖

It won't remember presets with the thing plugged in.

The radio sucks. Even if the presets worked, the radio is junk. Did you read the Amazon feedback? I'm not the only one with a low opinion of the DeWalt radio.
Add pictures here
✖
On May 21, 9:18 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Well, I'm sorry that you're unhappy with your radio.
I have no complaints about mine, nor have I heard any of my friends who have the same model complain.
Reception is fine, presets hold, clock works. If it ever breaks, I'll probably get another one.
Obviously, our mileage has varied.
Add pictures here
✖

I'm not happy with it. I only responded to the posts saying that it was a decent radio. It's not.

You can *have* mine. The radio is shit.

Obviously, you have no idea what a decent radio is.
Add pictures here
✖

Theres a rumor the Feds want to force convert all radio stations to digital like they mandated on TV.
so it might be bst bto nput off expensive radio purchases for awhile
Add pictures here
✖

I doubt it. What's the point in a digital AM station? The FM band wastes a lot of bandwidth so it might me interesting. I don't think AM is going anywhere (unless the Dems just make it go away, instead of some other "fairness" gimmick).

I'd buy a portable if there was something worth buying. I have a CC Radio but its LCD display died some time back. It's almost impossible to set without the display.
Add pictures here
✖
On 5/21/2011 6:40 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Sounds like you haven't heard any of the "HD radio" advertising.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HD_Radio

Add pictures here
✖

It's in the FM band.

Add pictures here
✖
On 5/21/2011 6:40 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

the Grundigs and Sangeans that Rat Shack sells under their house brand aren't bad, and cheaper than the similar models with the actual brand names on them. One model or another is on sale most of the time. I've accumulated enough of them from garage sales and such that I plan to park one in a hidden location (along with a mini tool kit) at all the relatives I visit on a recurring basis, just so I don't need to haul so much crap with me when traveling. Hey, that empty space in the bottom of the bedside table was just sitting there....
--
aem sends...

Add pictures here
✖

I saw some Grundigs at Fry's in Atlanta. Seemed pretty junky. I'll take a look at RS. There is one here (just one, believe it or not).
Add pictures here
✖

re: "If your friends aren't compliant..."
D*mn. I thought spell checkers were supposed to know what I mean to say.
re: "my guess is 50"
Bzzzttt...Wrong Answer. Your guess is not within 2 years of my actual age.
BTW A stuffed bear wasn't an option anyway.
Add pictures here
✖

That's an old carny trick...asking the mark for info that could lead you to an answer.
What would be *your* idea of "close enough"?
Add pictures here
✖
Tegger wrote:
[snip]

And can be nearly impervious to the purchaser too.
[snip]
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us