A/C working properly? Cost -> lower temp?

Page 8 of 16
On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 17:21:11 -0500, Logan Shaw

Yeah, you're right there. I'm very literal myself, and this sort of thing usually matters a lot to me. I think maybe this time I came at it already humbled and ready to give in.
But that is what makes it difficult to learn the convention.

mm & Logan-
Of course you two are correct in your analysis of whether noon is 12am or 12 pm
my original point was that 12am or 12pm can be (& is) confusing depending the understanding writer & the reader
but noon & midnight are unmistakable to all.......
cheers Bob

12:00am in used instead of 12:00pm only around 2 times in 1,000. See my post on that elsewhere in this thread: http://groups.google.com/group/alt.home.repair/msg/34e1ed86acddde16?dmode=source&hl=en&output=gplain
On Jul 7, 7:58 pm, snipped-for-privacy@mail.com wrote:

I hardly ever see 12pm or 12am......
noon & midnight are MUCH more common & are nearly impossible to misconstrue because they don't need any explanation
carie snipped-for-privacy@mail.com wrote:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.home.repair/msg/34e1ed86acddde16?dmode=source&hl=en&output=gplain

I posted a detailed reply to the 12:00 thing elsewhere is this thread.
carie snipped-for-privacy@mail.com wrote:

no, shut up and go hire a repair person.
You are an annoying and self defeating fool.

Does your newsreader make you read everthing??? If you don't like the thread why are you reading it?

Maybe you can read this.... Welcome to my killfile
*PLONK*

Cause he/she is an idiot. :-)
carie snipped-for-privacy@mail.com wrote:
SNIP HAPPENS

Since you were too stupid to understand it the first time, let me repeat it for you:
YOU ARE AN ANNOYING AND SELF DEFEATING FOOL.
Watching a train wreck happening in slow motion can be entertaining.
You have ceased being entertaining.
YOU ARE NOW MERELY AN ANNOYING AND SELF DEFEATING FOOL..
I your AC working yet?
Didn't think so.

Still reading?

Apparently you get enjoyment reading this, or replying to it, or maybe you are a masochist. I've tried several newsreaders, and haven't seen one that makes you read particular threads.

I posted a detailed reply to the 12:00 thing elsewhere is this thread.
carie snipped-for-privacy@mail.com wrote:

Sorry, 12:00PM is not noon.
I do have a high school diploma (and several others including post-graduate degrees). English IS my native tongue, although I can get along in a few others, including Pig Latin and Morse Code. And, before you ask, I have been to parts of South Georgia.
Sorry if I seemed pedantic or persnickety.
carie snipped-for-privacy@mail.com wrote:

And you are wrong about the use of 12:00 PM to universally mean Noon.

I didn't say universally, I said about 99.8% of the time.
carie snipped-for-privacy@mail.com wrote:

of 1500 back 47 years ago before score inflation made scores like the one you boasted about meaningless) living in the real world understand 12:00 PM to mean Noon 99.8 % of the time.
But with all your great knowledge and demonstrable interpersonal skills, have you gotten your AC working yet?
Yeah, I didn't think so.

?? You previously stated "And you are wrong about the use of 12:00 PM to universally mean Noon." And now you say "Real people living in the real world understand 12:00 PM to mean Noon 99.8 % of the time." The second quote is a rephrasing of what I said, which was a reply to your first quote.
Regarding SAT scores, I read they correlated about as well to IQ (pre-1995 SAT) as different types of IQ tests correlate to each other. I mentioned the SAT because a lot of people don't know their IQ.
I never boasted about my SAT score, and I never said what it was. I only implied it would be higher than that, and the motivation wasn't boasting, it was about compatibility.
carie snipped-for-privacy@mail.com wrote:
SNIP HAPPENS

Umm humm, yeah, right.
You're about as compatable as a scorpion.
And have he interpersonal and problem solving skills of one as well.
Getting warm there tis afternoon?