A/C working properly? Cost -> lower temp?

Sorry, 12:00PM is noon. Have a High School diploma?? Is English your native language??

Reply to
carie_r

Your post means nothing, did you miss her $320 electric bill.

What that means, is that the unit is running excessively!!!!!

Reply to
<kjpro

Geez.... $320 electric bill people.

Come-on... are you all clueless???????

Reply to
<kjpro

Again, did you miss the $320 electric bill.

Clueless I tell you, just pure stupidity!

Reply to
<kjpro

I know how to tell time I wasn&#39;t sure YOU did based on the problem solving skills you have displayed thus far

noon or midnight eliminates any possible confusion as does "seven hours" vs "hours" :)

the more humble & helpful (clearly posed questions) you appear the more likely you&#39;ll get help

I know you&#39;re frustrated having a problem that you don&#39;t have the skills or resources to address but pissing off people who could possibly help you isn&#39;t a good idead.

btw

my A/C works fine (& I know how they work) I don&#39;t have to ask for help from a bunch of abuse a$$&#39;s in alt.hvac & I don&#39;t live in an 800 sq ft apt at the mercy of some cheap landlord

stop whining & get a window unit.......you&#39;ve already pissed away more than the cost of a unit on electricity

have a nice day :)

Reply to
BobK207

On Jul 6, 7:24 pm, snipped-for-privacy@mail.com wrote:

Maintenance came today. He hooked an electric probe in two places, and in two minutes he said "it&#39;s fine." He hadn&#39;t checked the output temperature. I asked him to do that. (The A/C was off before he came, as it wasn&#39;t working right, so it&#39;s only been running for a couple minutes.) He went back to his van and got a thermometer (laser, interesting). The output temperature was 70 deg, and the house was 82 deg. I said it should be 20 deg. "Why do you think it should be 20 deg different?" he says. I told him that&#39;s what I found on the internet. He checked more wires with his probe for another 5 minutes, then checked the temperature again. It now said 64 deg (18 deg different). He said it had to run for a while to get to that temp. (Recall, he just asked why I thought is should be 20 deg.) I explained the problem of it not cooling down below 83 deg in 7 hours, and never having an electric bill like we just had in the year and a half we&#39;d already been here. He didn&#39;t have anything to say, and didn&#39;t check anything else. He never looked at the outside part of the unit. I asked if he had a contractor HVAC license as he was leaving. He said yes. I said I&#39;d come down with him and write the number down. When I got to his van he said I&#39;m not giving you my contractors number, the landlord has it. I said I need to keep proper records because the cooling bill is outragous, and the A/C is not cooling the apartment. He wouldn&#39;t give it to me. I said well then I&#39;ll write down your plate number and write the state about it.

(Also, he said the previous problem las month was a broken relay.)

Unfortunately, the law doesn&#39;t require him to have a license. I just found the following on the net: G.S. 87-21 (c) To Whom Article Applies. - The provisions of this Article shall apply to all persons, firms, or corporations who engage in, or attempt to engage in, the business of plumbing, heating, or fire sprinkler contracting, or any combination thereof as defined in this Article. The provisions of this Article shall not apply to those who make minor repairs or minor replacements to an already installed system of plumbing or heating, but shall apply to those who make repairs, replacements, or modifications to an already installed fire sprinkler system.

Reply to
carie_r

I just posted a description of what maintenance didn&#39;t do as a reponse to my original post.

Reply to
carie_r

I just posted a description of what maintenance didn&#39;t do as a reponse to my original post.

Reply to
carie_r

I just posted a description of what maintenance didn&#39;t do as a reponse to my original post.

Reply to
carie_r

I can see your attitude & problem solving skills are really moving that ball forward. :)

quoting law / code ain&#39;t going to get your apt cooled off

must really suck to be you.........hope it&#39;s not too hot today for you :)

Reply to
BobK207

I just posted a description of what maintenance didn&#39;t do as a reponse to my original post.

Reply to
carie_r

why are you now posting multiple replies?

new to this whole thing,, huh?

Reply to
BobK207

I just posted a description of what maintenance didn&#39;t do as a reponse to my original post.

Reply to
carie_r

I asked if he had a license as he was leaving. Can you read?

The guy was obviously pretty clueless about A/C.

I&#39;ll be writing a detailed letter to the landlord, and the state licensing board (they may have some input even though he apparently doesn&#39; have to know what he&#39;s doing).

Reply to
carie_r

They might be, but at least they&#39;re smart enough to realize that a $320 electric bill isn&#39;t normal.

Reply to
<kjpro

Apt getting any cooler?

Reply to
BobK207

The fact that "a $320 electric bill isn&#39;t normal" for AC in a 800 sq ft is pretty much of a "duh"

It was clear early on that her AC isn&#39;t working

Reply to
BobK207

For you and others to be harping on "how many hours has it been running" is pretty much mute, DUH!!!!

You still don&#39;t get it.

Reply to
<kjpro

Y&#39;know Carie, you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

My curious mind wants to know....Are you married or single?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Hell, how about a picture? :-)