a/c won't cool.

hi, the people who used to live in my house never bothered to use a air filter with the central a/c. regardless, now the a/c won't cool the house, I have cleaned the filters inside where the air pulls thru(was veeeeeeeery dirty). The air flow coming out of the vents is minimal, and the temperature is room temperature. Is there any way I can fix this avoiding a costly repair man, could it be a lack of freeon? e-mail me snipped-for-privacy@aol.com with any ideas or thoughts.
It sounds that at this point, the "costly repairman" has the skills needed to clean the blower, coil, and so on. And sounds like there is much more wrong.
In any case, the airflow needs to be improved. Likely several things in the furnace needs to be cleaned or you won't get much heat this winter, and will create greater problems.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

i live in florida, so thankly, needing heat isnt so much of a problem, but I should call a repairman now? thank you, will do. I don't even know where to begin on cleaning the air coil, I cleaned the air flow filters, and they seem to be clean again, the fan seems to be fine, but the air coils, where are they even located? I'm going to call up our friendly a/c repairman now:-\.
-David

follow up: somebody had cut our a/c line behind our house to the unit. the a coil wasnt in perfect condition, but i had cleaned it, and it was actually in very good condition still. thanks for all the assistance:-)
-David