A/C window unit makes noise when off?

The other day my A/C window unit froze up. I had not cleaned the air filter in a while and it was really dirty. I cleaned the air filter and the A/C is working fine now. The only thing it makes noise when it is off, but does not blow air. I can unplug it and of course the noise stops, but I don't like that solution. Any ideas of what is causing this?
Aaron

Sure would help to know what kind of noise...most will have a slight noise for about 3 minutes after shutdown due to the condensor and evap sides equalizing..
I thinks it is the sound of the condensor and evap sides equalizing, but it does it about 5 minutes after I turn it off. Then it is quiet for about an hour and then it makes the same sound about another 5 minutes and waits another hour to do it again and this cycle continues on.

Five minutes after you turn it off -- that won't be equalizing. Equalizing would be loud the instant you turn it off and then quieter as time goes on.
After five minutes, and then after about an hour? You got me puzzled.
Hi, Steve!
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus