A/C unit coil

Page 3 of 3

i sure dont miss NC. ;-)
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://UtilityOffRoad.com
Sally wrote:

He really means he can't sell new coils to someone if they are more than 5-7 years old. He is only looking at his income not your cool.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Yep... labor costs are kinda high. A repair person just quoted me $500. for cleaning the evaporator coils in a 2 ton residential unit with easy access.
He was going to quote an additional $500. for cleaning the condensor coil but said something like "Well, it probably doesn't need it as it looks pretty clean, but I can do it anyway for $500." I had just finished cleaning this coil myself.
Talon Industries sells both acid and non-acid coil cleaners at a pretty reasonsable price. Wonder if it's worthwhile saving $500 clams with $20 worth of chemicals and a few hours labor (including turning power off, protecting electrical circuits, vacumning and spraying chemical on evaporator. Might even rinse it off although it says "rinse free".
With proper filter changes....how often do coils require cleaning anyway ??
Peter

conditioner
expensive,
true
then
because
I'd
but said

clean, but I can

??
They don't.
hi sally, i recently went on a call to give a second opinion on an evap coil replacement. the tenant was getting water on the floor and the last service company told them the drain pan was rusted through and it would be $1200 to replace it. it ended up that the PLASTIC drain pan wasnt rusted at all.......the drain line was plugged and a $10 shot of nitrogen (plus the cost of the service call - $70) fixed it right up. know your service company.
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://UtilityOffRoad.com

Christopher A. Young