A/C tubing length maximum?

Does anyone know of the maximum length for the tubing on a split 2 1/2 ton a/c system? Thinking of installing in a 925 sq ft. house, but would like to mount the outside unit on the opposite side of the house, as the airhandler.

Reply to
over40pirate

I don't know the maximum, but mine are separated by at least 35 feet.

Reply to
CJT

OP asks "Does anyone know of the maximum"

You reply "I don't know the maximum"

Pathetic.

Reply to
Meat Plow

One would need to know the brand and model number for the unit as they're all a little different.

But, with a 925 sq ft home, I don't see any issues!

Reply to
<kjpro

Generally 50 feet is the maximum without capacity loss. If you run 100 feet of refrigeration line, expect 4% - 10% capacity reduction. [Even if you increase the size of the suction line, there will still be some capacity loss.] Check the manufacturer&#39;s spec. sheet.

Reply to
Zephyr

I put a lower bound on the maximum. I think that was more helpful than what you wrote.

Reply to
CJT

Look in the book that comes with the unit.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon