A/C tubing length maximum?

Does anyone know of the maximum length for the tubing on a split 2 1/2 ton a/c system? Thinking of installing in a 925 sq ft. house, but would like to mount the outside unit on the opposite side of the house, as the airhandler.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 00:51:28 +0000, CJT wrote:

OP asks "Does anyone know of the maximum"
You reply "I don't know the maximum"
Pathetic.
Meat Plow wrote:

than what you wrote.

One would need to know the brand and model number for the unit as they're all a little different.
But, with a 925 sq ft home, I don't see any issues!
Generally 50 feet is the maximum without capacity loss. If you run 100 feet of refrigeration line, expect 4% - 10% capacity reduction. [Even if you increase the size of the suction line, there will still be some capacity loss.] Check the manufacturer's spec. sheet.
--
Zyp

<kjpro @ usenet.com> wrote in message
Look in the book that comes with the unit.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.