A/C servicing schedule

A local a/c shop comes out and does a routine service on a package unit. He makes the offer that at two times the fee for doing this he will come out and do the routine service again twice more during the year.
The question is what is the appropriate number of routine services calls? The unit is in Florida.
I am not sure if this is a good deal or is it just a way for him to stay busy during a slack season.
Charlie
Charlie Bress wrote:

Ask him to cut his fee in half and just come once a year. Assuming your are changing your filters on a regular basis, that is good enough.
Three service calls per year for routine maintenance seems excessive, unless you are getting the service calls for free. Annual maintenance and checkup are generally sufficient. Is there any reason that your system should need pro care more than that?
Save your money. The AC shop is concerned about their pocketbooks.
Gideon
===========
A local a/c shop comes out and does a routine service on a package unit. He makes the offer that at two times the fee for doing this he will come out and do the routine service again twice more during the year.
The question is what is the appropriate number of routine services calls? The unit is in Florida.
I am not sure if this is a good deal or is it just a way for him to stay busy during a slack season.
Charlie
Hi Charlie, hope you are having a nice day
On 25-May-05 At About 07:34:45, Charlie Bress wrote to All Subject: A/C servicing schedule
CB> A local a/c shop comes out and does a routine service on a package CB> unit. He makes the offer that at two times the fee for doing this he CB> will come out and do the routine service again twice more during CB> the year.
CB> The question is what is the appropriate number of routine services CB> calls? The unit is in Florida.
CB> I am not sure if this is a good deal or is it just a way for him to CB> stay busy during a slack season.
CB> Charlie
Twice a year is normal. but the filters should usually be changed once a month.
-=> HvacTech2 <=-
.. We all live in a yellow subroutine.