A/C ruined by LIGHTNING, need help

Page 2 of 2
Aras Movsesians TRICK Old post ,,, Already answered

It is the central A/C unit. Split system, the condenser is outside, the evaporator inside. What was nto working was the inside furnace fan. The outside part is powered by 220 volts, the inside part is powered by 120 volts.
I was actually correct, what was broken was the speed control. The first A/C guy who came was not very bright, he was saying things like "you need to replace the board" without a shred of evidence. I have a feeling that he was just fishing for work. I asked him, why do you think the board needs replacement, and he started mumbling. I asked him if he tested anything wuth a voltmeter, he said no.
With help of previous owners, I located the installer of the unit, when it turned out that parts warranty still applied. That guy was much better, he correctly diagnozed a speed controller problem, brought in a replacement and that fixed the unit. I only paid for his labor, not the part.