'The condenser fan on my central a/c unit doesn't shut off.Any ideas?'
1. Stuck contactor.
2. Shorted wiring creating a 115 v. path of current to the motor
3. Welded contacts on contactor due to a bug(s) or mouse .
4. Welded contacts on contactor due to a power surge / brownout
5. Short of R to Y control wires causing a/c unit to continually call
6. Defective thermostat causing -ditto- .
Call an hvac serviceman.
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.