a/c question

The condenser fan on my central a/c unit doesn't shut off.Any ideas?
--
" I'd rather play for a losin' football team than a winnin' soccer team any
day"

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
'The condenser fan on my central a/c unit doesn't shut off.Any ideas?'
1. Stuck contactor. 2. Shorted wiring creating a 115 v. path of current to the motor continuously. 3. Welded contacts on contactor due to a bug(s) or mouse . 4. Welded contacts on contactor due to a power surge / brownout occuring. 5. Short of R to Y control wires causing a/c unit to continually call for cooling. 6. Defective thermostat causing -ditto- .
Call an hvac serviceman.
Turn off the breaker, get a repairman out.
Thanx for the replies. Tim T
--
" I'd rather play for a losin' football team than a winnin' soccer team any
day"
On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 10:45:47 -0500, "suds mcduff"

It must be hot out. Wait till the temp outside cools down. Bubba