A/C lines freeze up b/c no air is circulating

Page 2 of 2
Worn Out Retread wrote:

More to the point here, it can be caused by the furnace fan not running.
CJT wrote:

The newer units often have these newfangled electronic blower motors that start out very slow and ramp up in speed then stay running at a very slow speed for a while and make you think something is wrong with it. It could also be the winding in the blower motor since the speed is often different between the heat and cool modes. It could be as simple as choosing another motor lead wire and running it until he gets another motor if the AC doesn't work well at that speed.
TDD
I think that would be a reasonable starting point.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Worn Out Retread wrote:

I pulled a plastic garbage bag out of an evaporator one time. Another time I crawled under a house, cut an access door into the ductboard and pealed a 1/2" layer of pet hair off of the evaporator and it came off in one piece like a piece of felt. The coil was clean after that and worked well. Dirt is the enemy.
TDD
Basic training for HVAC: Line up the enemy in your sights, and wash him down the drain. It's him or you, recruit! Have no mercy.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Never visited alt.hvac but it sounds like their mellowing a little... :-)

Can you get the Fan-Blower to run, in either heat or AC mode, turn fan to ON it should run continously. If only pjm was here to help.
Brandon McCombs wrote:

gurgling sound from the furnace. I immediately shut off the electricity to the furnace. Heavy rain had flooded my furnace pit high enough to reach the blower. If it had continued to run, it could have ruined the motor, gotten the computer board wet, and made the house very humid.
The previous homeowner had had two computer boards and a blower motor ruined by water.
The flashing grounding-problem indicator also suggests that moisture may be your problem. It's possible that nothing has been damaged.
I don't know if the moisture could have come from a backed-up condensation drain. Outside, at the exit of my drain, I have a pit big enough to put a small container under the end of the pipe. If when it's fairly humid inside I can catch a cup of water in five minutes or so, that's a sign that things are working well.