A/C filter-drier flow direction

I just had a new a/c system installed so forgive this if it's a stupid question...
I thought the uninsulated line running to the compressor was the freon return line and the flow was *toward* the compressor. On my system, the flow arrow on the filter-drier is pointing out. See picture....
http://home.comcast.net/~iflyfish/ac.jpg
Is this the correct mounting of this part?
Thanks, David
I thought the same thing. I'd check mine and tell you what it says but it's raining.
The drier is installed correctly. The uninsulated line(usually 3/8" copper) is carrying liquid refrigerant to the inside evaporator coil, and the insulated larger line is returning refrigerant vapor to the compressor. Larry
This is correctly installed. The small line travels towards the house. The large line, the freon travels towards the outdoors.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

The drier is correct.
The Romex power supply is NOT correct! You may not have codes to follow in your area, but common sense should tell you and the installer that the way the high voltage wiring is installed IS NOT right! I'm almost willing to bet there isn't a disconnect there either.
Zip tying the 220volt power supply to the suction line..... Geeesh.
Is this on a Carrier condenser?
HeatMan wrote:

Yes it is.

in
way
Just because the condenser is a Carrier is NO excuse for the electrical to be done like that.
Are you the OP?

yes, That is the correct flow direction. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail
DJA writes:

Are you north or south of the equator?