a/c fan wont start

I noticed my home was not colling but air was blowing. I hit the power switch to the a/c unit for a minute and tried it again. I hope i didnt just bunr out the unit completely!! I hear clicking a what sounds like a motor running outside, and the air still comes through the vents, but the fan will not spin. HELP!.. single parent no money ... in hot azz FL!!

Reply to
elonya

could be: contactor (relay) outside (

Reply to
mrbubl

Reply to
terry

I've got a couple ideas why your fan isn't starting. But any repair needs someone who is familiar with electricity, and servicing equipment. There isn't any really easy answer. It's very likely going to need some specialized AC parts, and someone to install the parts.

I'd suggest to call your friends and neighbors. Ask them to reccomend an honest AC repair firm.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon