A/C fan won't shut off running at low RPM.

I've got an A/C that has been working fine this summer and normally when I set all the tstats to off the A/C shuts down and the fan stops as well.
Right now I have the tstats off but the fan continues to run at a lower speed than when the A/C is on.
Any ideas on why this might happen? I'd like to do a little troubleshooting before I call the tech.
Thanks!

Sorry. False alarm. #1 son decided to play tennis in basement and ball hit the blower on switch. Would have been nice before if he told me before he left the house!
Ah... THAT fan!
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I doubt he knew that the ball turned the fan on.
Hmm. Not unless he was really on the ball?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/A-C-fan-won-t-shut-off-running-at-low-RPM-449948-.htm acbysean wrote: Make sure the fan portion of the thermostat is set to auto. If it's not, this will cause the fan to run at a lower speed all of the time. If it is set like that it sounds like a relay problem either on a control board or a different style relay that is stuck closed..to fix that you would need a board or a new relay. TN wrote:

-------------------------------------
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/A-C-fan-won-t-shut-off-running-at-low-RPM-449948-.htm acbysean wrote: Make sure the fan portion of the thermostat is set to auto. If it's not, this will cause the fan to run at a lower speed all of the time. If it is set like that it sounds like a relay problem either on a control board or a different style relay that is stuck closed..to fix that you would need a board or a new relay. TN wrote:

-------------------------------------

You have an AC with mulitiple thermostats! How many?
Maybe you accidentally put the fan switch of one of them on ON.
This is part of an oil or gas furnace? Heat pump? Electric heat? No heat?
(Once I broke my leg in the woods in Guatamala, and it swelled up a lot in the 16 hours it took me to get to the doctor.
Six weeks later, when the caset came off it was still swollen. He told me to soak my ankle in alternating hot and cold water. So I asked the woman with the only room for rent in the town in Honduras on the Pan-American highway if she had "agua caliente", and she said "Si, senor, yo tengo agua corriente**." Running water. It was so warm there that the cold water wasn't cold, so running hot water was much less necessary, imo.
But that night without my asking, she heated the water for me on the stove for me, so I did have hot water. I only stayed one night.
** or maybe it's curriente.

Which fan might that be?
--
Christopher A. Young