A/C evaporator location

Page 2 of 2

Installer made the decision for a reason. Maybe not a good one

Every evaporator I have ever seen is right on top of the furnance. Mostly because they parts fit together well that way. The picture seems to show a the furnance and evap of differing sizes.

Asbestos tape?, new one on me. Sure it is not just duct tape?

Mike it is impossible to answer you. There are a thousand things to look at and your only providing a few details. Call several licensed contractors and ask them. They can see the job.
Might be a good time to replace everything now or maybe wait till after the holiday.
Installing the humidier now may be more trouble than it is worth.

<snip>
Do you still have the receipt for the humidifier?
If you do, take it back and go by a free-standing whole house unit. I don't mean the ones that hold one gallon that you have to fill daily. Get one of them suckers that look like a piece of furniture. Then place it somewhere near the retuen on your duct sytem. You'll be a lot happier with it......
Dr. Hardcrab wrote:

Yea you dont run a water line just a bucket
Hardcrab, Buy a freestanding unit you have to fill 5 gallons in every day or so and pay to run a second apliance when the furnace does it free, and have that extra fan noise and one more piece of junk to store in summer, Dumb Hardcrab real dumb expecialy considering control to an April air that monitors outside temps and keeps humidity optimal and a freestanding unit does little in out of the way rooms, dumb. A furnace humidifier is one of the main benefits of forced air vs HW radiators, yea Ive lived with HW radiators and cheap looking furniture that humidifies and makes noises and rattles .
On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 15:56:01 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote:

Hmmm, how does the furnace do it for free. You put water in the air you need btu's of heat to do it; never free, unless you own the gas company.